Thread: can i superimpose my face over another face in a movie

Default can i superimpose my face over another face in a movie

hi guys, is it possible for me to superimpose a picture of my face over the top of another face in a movie? and for the superimposed face to move with the face in the movie?SAY IF THE FACE IN THE MOVIE MOVES ACROSS THE SCREEN?? i have adobe premier but not sure i can use this?? or please advise on what software can do this, all help much appreciated guys.....

yes, but it could be pretty tricky,

do you need the face to be talking or changing expressions?

if not you could use a picture of your face with a transparent background (compile this in an image app first), then use the clip>motion option to key-frame the necesary movement in Premiere (I'm using Prem'6).

if you've got to have the face talking/changing expressions then:

you could construct some sort of green-screen-smock(TM) set-up, so you've got your face poking through against a green background, then use the transparency settings to key it out and superimpose it onto the other clip, adding movement if necessary.

or you could use a track matte, created in an image app, which cuts out the bit around your face, then sit still and record the talking etc. then use the track matte (as described in this thread and the prem help file) and add the motion like earlier.

These are just suggestions, Might help you get started, someone else may well have a simpler solution for you soon.

Good Luck
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

hi bgarthp thanx for the reply, im using premier pro 7.0, im not the best at using it yet, but i have put 1 image into a movie, so how do i use the clip>motion option to key-frame the necesary movement in Premiere or were is this?? im struggling a bit but im getting there.