Thread: My first experience.... in video making :P.

Cool My first experience.... in video making :P.

After getting suggestions and such from this forum, I thought to share the video with you all. This video is actually a cutted down version of my original 1min 33 sec video I made. The "full version" video needed a music license in the end, which we can't afford, so I am making it's own music like this 37sec one here. I have to say the full version is much better, and since this one is a digested version, things role little faster then normal, but I hope you enjoy the show!

Blog Entries

I see what you mean about it rolling a little faster than it perhaps should - I watched it twice to get the message properly.

I thought it looked pretty good - it definitely stood out as being different from most advertising vids.

If I may offer a couple of suggestions:

The opening sequence (Sonnex logo) is great but far too long for the opening - it should be at the end - maybe use the one that appear near the end (around 30 secs) at the beginning.

I Didn't Like The Way You Wrote Everything As If It Was A Title. Some of the stuff was too long for that and should have been written in normal case.

But apart from that - really fresh and eye grabbing. And the music wasn't too bad (Though 1.30 of it would be annoying!)

You definitely want your own music to identify your brand, so forget the stuff which needs a licence and write/commission your own.
    Tim

I apologies to my late response! Thanks for the comment and suggestions!

I was actually on business trip to China for about a week, and what do you know, they block many websites such as facebook, youtube, and... this site too! So basically, I couldn't access this site until today! It sure is good to be back here!

I will try to take parts of your suggestions onto my full version video! Thanks for the input! I kind of hope I can upload what i have now, but I'm more worried it gets found by some you know who and I get in trouble later. I just wish you guys/gals can see, give suggestions, etc... since... man... the music on it and video makes better sense. But anyway, that aside, I appreciate the comment!

The longer version's music will be totally different. It will probably have some basic elements from this music, but will have more "movement" in it then repetitions. I wouldn't want that same music playing for 1min30sec too lol. It's nice to hear "it wasn't too bad" too since I made it! Pretty good feeling~~~.

I hope to receive more comments if anyone else has any. Thanks again!

PS. Just for those people who thinks "what?!? China blocks facebook, youtube, google, etc?!?!?! Are they crazy?!?!?!?!" people.
    I'm not saying Chinese people are stupid or are missing out on many things here. I think this is just cultural and historical difference that occurs in many countries world wide. China has been known to keep Chinese people intact as "Chinese" for a long time. I was surprised at first, but I accepted and adapted, which wasn't bad at all. They have their own version of "facebook" like sites, video browsing sites, and can use Google by using Google from Hong Kong. There are other differences, but from my perspective in visiting many places around the world, we should just feel great that we might be living somewhere more "luxurious" then wherever you are . This "luxurious" term is defined very differently in many ways as cultural difference plays a role. Overall, be prepared and be happy!

after your comment, I made a fix to this short video here on another forum link here on this forum board. I placed it here since it looks like the appropriate spot.

Blog Entries

Indeed that's the best place for it. I'll close this thread and suggest interested partied follow up your link to the vid in the User Videos section.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Indeed that's the best place for it. I'll close this thread and suggest interested partied follow up your link to the vid in the User Videos section.
    thanks, that would be great