Hi to all,
Thought I would introduce myself for my first post (before I start picking all your brains ) I am a wedding videographer specialised in Indian Weddings.
I have only started this year - I did two jobs just to build my portfolio - shot on the Sony HVR-Z7e (hired equipment). I shoot solo but as soon as I can afford it I will be seeking an assistant. Shooting an Indian Wedding is a complicated task all by itself but to do it solo is damn hard I can tell you.
I had lighting issues - more so with on-camera lighting when moving away from the central stage (where the majority of the ceremony takes place). I hired the IDX-X3 lite which provided a good fill light when at the centre stage however at the times where it was serving as the main light it just looked horrible and had a very in your face spot light look to it.
Anyhow I have bookings for 2011 and I really want to step up my game, so I am now looking into using a DSLR to shoot the entire wedding weekend. But as I am a newbie to this new trend in videography I obviously have a barrage of questions, some of which go as follows:
- Firstly, does anyone here shoot with either a 5DMKII, 7D or 550D?
- What kind of mount/rig do you use? (I have been looking into the Steadicam Merlin and Red Rock Nano Rigs)
- What solutions do you have to obtaining better sound? as I have heard that the built in mics are quite poor.
- How do you handle the viewfinder restrictions when getting high and low shots?
- What kind of workflow am I looking at when going into post-production especially when the output will be DVD?
- Do you recommend any good & reliable hire companies based in the UK?
A lot of question and I dont expect them all to be answered but for those that do get answered, thank youThank you for reading my first post and I look forward to being part of the community. Thank you for any help or advice in advance.
In conclusion Hello & Thank You..