Thread: The one rule you MUST know for using AVCHD

Default The one rule you MUST know for using AVCHD

Well after much experimenting and advice seeking from people who know more than me (on here)
    I have come to the conclusion the one thing you need and need to understand is....

perserverance....
    I have continued in my quest to use mix my photos (mainly birds) in with video I shoot..
    I have tried to make a short film of autumn colour and reflections.
    This video was rendered in corel video studio, which worked last time perfect if I saved as avchd. This time (same camera same everything) it only played smoothly when saved as MP4.. In fairness I think youtube is half the trouble...but this time when I saved as avchd , even though it played on my pc, when I uploaded to youtube my voice went out of sync.. Only when I uploaded as mp4 and 720p did it come out right....
    So this video http://wildaboutfilms.com took
    8 different render settings
    6 different uploads to youtube
    to get right. And even then I had to compromise by not uploading 1080p

and the best of it is, I know what worked may or may not be right next time. In fact the settings I used that worked this time, did not work last time.

Alex

Sorry, but it's still not right. Quite a few sync problems with the audio and jerky footage when panning and zooming. :(
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post
    Sorry, but it's still not right. Quite a few sync problems with the audio and jerky footage when panning and zooming. :(
    No need to aplogise mate, it's not your fault
    Its enough to drive you scatty. I got it playing perfect on pc, upload it and it goes out of sync. So its probably youtube, which means theres not so much I can do about it. And to be honest how many perfect youtube films are there. Buggy and glitchy come to mind....
    al

I only watched at 480 because I have a slower DSL connection, but I had no problems at all. I have a very fast machine though (I just rebuilt it a week ago), and a most of the stuttering/choppy playback probelms people have are due to slower CPUs.