Thread: Remote control on Panasonic HMC41E camcorder

Default Remote control on Panasonic HMC41E camcorder

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody had the same camera, and could help me work out what I am doing wrong with the remote control.

The battery is in, and when I press buttons on the remote control it lights the sensor on the camera itself, so there is clearly communication as far as that, but none of the operations such as record, play, menu etc actually happen. Just a flashing light ... flashing. :(

I have read the manual but it offers no guidance at all.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

A guess - but I am sorry if its of no use.
    If the camera's logic system is confused; can the camera be reset to it's factory settings?

I've got two Panasonic cameras with remotes and both of them just work straight out the box. So it seems you just have a wrong'n. If it is the correct and fully functioning remote, the only other thing I can think of is that the camera has a setting hidden in the menu which tells it to recognise the remote or not.

G'day Mike,
    I have the same camera and the same problem. While I have had the camera for some months, yesterday is the first time I tried to use the remote control, with similar results to you.
    I have asked Panasonic Australia for help and will get back to you when? I get an answer.
    As this is labelled a Pro camera, you are entitled to ask Panasonic for help. Is it worth trying your local office?

Mike, Hello again,
    Although Panasonic Aust. did not supply the answer, a very experienced friend did, and it is so easy. I do not understand why the manual does not mention that, by default, the IR remote operation is turned off.
    If you go to camera mode menu, then to other functions, then IR Remote. Change to on, and all is well. Well, it was with me, the sensor light turned to red from white/yellow, and the camera obeyed the remote.
    I hope that this solves yor problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    G'day Mike,
    I have the same camera and the same problem. While I have had the camera for some months, yesterday is the first time I tried to use the remote control, with similar results to you.
    I have asked Panasonic Australia for help and will get back to you when? I get an answer.
    As this is labelled a Pro camera, you are entitled to ask Panasonic for help. Is it worth trying your local office?
    Hi JayBee,

I was shown how to sort this from a contact on YouTube. May I suggest that you subscribe to my channel youtube.com/mikenicholsonvideos and I will subscribe to yours in return - always handy to know people with the same camcorder!

Right, what you need to do is to put the camera on, and using the display press the menu button. Not Q.Menu mind! The button nearest the camcorder button, just titled MENU

Then, when the menu appears you want to press OTHER FUNCTIONS

Then, IR REMOTE should be toggled to ON.

That's it, simple when you're shown how. Good luck!