Thread: Boxing interview/training video of pro boxer Jamie Arthur

Default Boxing interview/training video of pro boxer Jamie Arthur

This is the first video I have filmed and edited my self useing my Sony Z1e and Sony Vegas pro9 together.

Jamie is a pro boxer and is boxing on Sky Sports 1 next week and I made this vid to promote his fight.

What do you guys think?

Pull no punches

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH9NpmU_8Ns

Hi there,

I think overall you did a very good job.

There were a few things that could be improved in my opion, but I am very much a beginner so I only offer the following as things that occured to me a viewer who happens to have an interest in video. Don't hold to much store by what I say!

On 20 seconds - the video cut to Jamie leaning over the ring, then cut to him squaring up to a punchbag before quickly returning to him talking. It seemed to me like the double cut-away happened to qucikly and didn;t really add anything to the story. Maybe one cut-away that lasted longer would have worked better?

On 0:41s the video cut from one talking head to another and the background sound was significantly different. Jamie's head was also in a slightly different position, or the camera was, which made it obvious that it was filmed at a different time.
    It might have worked better if the second part of the interview kicked in over the top of him training, and then the video could cut to him a few seconds down the line so the audio from him talking could have been mixed with him punching a bag or whatever.

Good job overal though! What mic did you use out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTV View Post
    Hi there,

I think overall you did a very good job.

There were a few things that could be improved in my opion, but I am very much a beginner so I only offer the following as things that occured to me a viewer who happens to have an interest in video. Don't hold to much store by what I say!

On 20 seconds - the video cut to Jamie leaning over the ring, then cut to him squaring up to a punchbag before quickly returning to him talking. It seemed to me like the double cut-away happened to qucikly and didn;t really add anything to the story. Maybe one cut-away that lasted longer would have worked better?

On 0:41s the video cut from one talking head to another and the background sound was significantly different. Jamie's head was also in a slightly different position, or the camera was, which made it obvious that it was filmed at a different time.
    It might have worked better if the second part of the interview kicked in over the top of him training, and then the video could cut to him a few seconds down the line so the audio from him talking could have been mixed with him punching a bag or whatever.

Good job overal though! What mic did you use out of interest?
    Thanks for the feed back.

I agree with all your points.

I was a bit rushed to get it out on the net as the fight is next week but I agree with your point about Jamie on the bag at the 20 second mark.I should have cut that.

At 0:41 you are correct in that a cut was made there due to excesive backgroung noise and I ment to cover the cut with a cutaway to a training shot but the cutaway must have moved on the time line and I did not have time(could not be arsed) to redo it as I only noticed once it was on youtube.

I did have new clip on mic to use for the interview but for some reason the little fu$%er would not work so I ended up using the internal mic on the Z1e.
    Not ideal as there was a bit of background noise but thats all I could do at the time.

Thanks