Thread: Pinnacle Settings?

Default Pinnacle Settings?

Hi. I have an ATI AIW 8500 card, SB Live Value and 16X DVD burner on an Athlon 64 3200+ machine with 512 MB Ram. I just installed Pinnacle Studio 9. My goal is to transfer old VHS and Hi8 tapes to DVD.

I have been trying to read all the tips I could find, but I think there are many of you who have been doing this far longer than I. I intend to capture all the videos and then divide them into various clips and then burn them to DVDs by theme - Christmas videos, birthday videos, etc.

I am a bit worried about the sound being too loud. I tried using the ATI MMC software as a test and the sound was up so high, it was garbled at times. I think I might have found a post of a registry setting to help with that, but I am not sure of the best solution.

Are there any settings or tweaks I should do to improve my chances of success, especially with the sound?

Hey jjm:

Not sure if this will answer your question or not but here goes.

When you capture your video (each individual segment) and place into Pinnacle for final editing you will be able to see that you can modify the sound volume on the Audio track section by just going to the little tool box above and to right. You will then click on the open/close audio toolbox which will open up to the screen that allows you to modify the master volume of the video. Just move the sound down or up until you get to the setting that sounds the best. You also are able to tweak the volume easily through the video at any time if it needs to be louder or even softer still on the actual time line of the audio track.

I hope that I have explained it well enough. I have never been good as a teacher.

Wish you the best.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Much appreciated, Scooter. Are there any other video or audio settings at all that I should look to adjust?

jjm

Same location as the audio toolbox you will find to the left a video toolbox. You will be able to adjust and fine tune the video with add an effect etc...

It is very easy to understand once you start playing with the settings. The best thing I did was to try different things out and preview what I did. Sometimes it adds and sometimes it takes away from your video so it really is trial and error. The more you work with these settings you will become familiar with what can be done to improve your final video. This area is also where you can purchase additional settings/effects that you may have a need for.

Wish you well.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite