Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Premeir Pro 1.5 Exporting via Adobe Media Encoder

Default Adobe Premeir Pro 1.5 Exporting via Adobe Media Encoder

I don't have the option to export my .avi file in the right size of WMV. I want to export it as something like NTSC 720x480 or 640x480 but I don't even have that option, the only option I have is in like 320x240 or 720p and 1080i. So I treid to export it as like 1080i and 720p but when I try and do that it says error "audio upmixing is not allowed. cancelling the operation."

So basically to recap my problem, the largest size I can export in is PAL 640x480. Which not only isn't the right region I want, but when I do it like that the video is actually wayyyy smaller than I think 640x480 should be.

So do I need a codec pack to export in like WMV 10 at a larger dimension or what. And whats the deal with the "audio upmixing is not allowed error. cancelling the operation"?

Thanks again for the help

I installed the Premiere pro 1.5.1 upgrade over the weekend and the first high def (wm9) export I tried I got the 'audio upmixing is not allowed' error. To get rid of this error I just chose a different audio option from the WMV9 codec. Basically it default to a 7.1 mix. Don't have it in front of me so can't quote you the name of the option I chose. From memory, it was the first in the pulldown list though.

Ah, so if I merely changed the audio codec that could solve the problem then huh? Yah, I'm going to try and mess around with that. I really just want like a relatively small resolution of 720x480 as opposed to the hurking 1080i. Because 720x480 is basically what I started with. Thanks for the help. You all have been a wonderful help thus far. I'll let you know when my vids are out via a link on here, and in case you guys are into Halo 2 at all you might want to check them out.

I'll stop by here again in case I can't figure out that audio thing lol. I have my project due in two days, so hopefully I'll figure it out by then. I mainly need it to go into WMV because at my college all of the computers have windows media video, so I don't want to come with an MPEG 2 video and have it not run.

I'll keep you posted.

Blog Entries

So you didn't actually start with High Definition then?

No, and thats the problem, all of my video is like 720x480. But within Adobe Media Encoder, there is no way to export video that size or even 640x480. The only choices are 720p 1080i and a lousy 320x240. So I don't know what to do, and my project deadline is coming up fast. So I'm starting to get really worried lol. The only temporary solution I can think of is to export it as MPEG 2 and just try and burn it to DVD and hope that the computer I plan to use it on has like Win DVD or something.

Does anyone know how I can export my video into wmv format at a resolution of either 720x480 or 640x480? It would be really appreciated.

Side note, I was able to export in 720p after messing with the codecs, but the main problem was that the video was running too slow (probably because of my ram) and the video was kind of smooshed which is to be expected considering I'm not exporting at the size I imported at. It's really frustrating. And I even redownloaded WME 9 again to see if that was the problem, but that didn't work either.

Horray, I figured it out, thanks a lot most all the comments you gave helped push me in the right direction to figure the stuff out. The one question I do have though, and I'm not sure if you all know the answer is; Why do some segments of my video have horizontal lines that are noticeable if there is quick movement?

Here is an example of such, the first clip in the video whenever I move my sniper rifle around there are horizontal line problems; however, in the second clip there aren't really any at all. Could this have to do with my capture card just not working as well on the previous two clips or could it be something else?

I have an ATI tv wonder pro capture card.

Check out the horizontal lines in the first clip and the lack of in the second clip. both were captured using my ATI card in the exact same dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by HaloMontages
    The one question I do have though, and I'm not sure if you all know the answer is; Why do some segments of my video have horizontal lines that are noticeable if there is quick movement?
    ROFL

You're probably only the 300th person to ask this. I'm in a good mood today (so far) so won't give my normal sarcastic reply. Search the forums on "de-interlace" and/or variations of the spelling.

But if you are intending to watch your movie rom DVD on a TV then leave the 'lines' in there. I've called Uri Geller and he told me he's taken control of your TV and the lines will magically disappear when you watch on a TV.

Blog Entries

Why are you trying to output SD in HD???

Heh sorry about the noob question then man. Would that mean I need to deinterlace my video when I export it, or even when I capture it using my capture card? I thought I remembered someone saying you're supposed to interlace the video while I was searching the forums and as such didn't put two in two together that that could be the problem (Im dumb, my bad).

Export in SD from HD? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Basically, all of my footage is in 640x480 to begin with and now I"ve recently figured it out so that I can export everything via adobe media encoder into wmv the right size and format. My vid is basically done so I"ll send you all a link for it once I find a host for it.

But if you don't play Halo then you probably won't think its that cool, but I like it. Heh anyway sorry for my noobness.

Blog Entries

If you want to watch interlaced video on a progressive scan monitor in software that doesn't have a deinterlace filter, you will need to deinterlace your video to avoid "combing".

It seems you are using the incorrect export option for WMV. You appear to be using the High Definition outputs. Check this setting. You do not need a "codec pack" to export in WMV, this comes with the latest version of windows media player. If you do have any codec packs installed, format your harddrive. Seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast