Thread: The Legend of Hector- Series 2

Smile The Legend of Hector- Series 2

Hi there, I'm new so sorry if this is in the wrong place.
    I've just uploaded the new episode from a series I've been making about one of my mates. It all started when I recorded him singing before a football match with my phone, and uploaded it onto YouTube. Most people I knew seemed to enjoy it so I decide to make a series called The Legend Of Hector.
    At first the star of the show (Hector) didn't seem to like it, but I think he finally came round to the whole idea when his uncle had somehow seen one of the episodes and told him that he was a funny guy.
    Anyway, here is the first episode in the second series. It would be great if anyone could give me tips on how to improve for future episodes. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Ermmm? Nice titles and a good still (the B&W one).
    But nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. No story, not even a description or profile of a person or place.
    Why do you think anyone might want to watch this (other than those who appear in it)?
    I know it sounds corny, but you need to take your audience on a journey, create anticipation or suspense of where the story is going.

Your titles give us some sense of anticipation so it's clear you understand the need for a story. It's just a shame it led nowhere.

(And I do realise there's more to come and this might be inteneded as an introduction to the character(s) but this didn't really come across - we weren't really introduced)

Think about your shots and what you want them to show. Pose them. This had too much of a feel of someone aimlessly waving a camera around whilst out with his mates - typical YouTube stuff, but you've put time and effort into editing this so you're clearly aiming for something better than that. Put time and effort into creating a story and into filming and you'll see a great improvement in your work.
    Tim

I think Tim has said it all. You have shown you have some talent, with the titles, so there is a real video to come out of you I'm sure. It would be nice to see something that you film seriously.

Thanks for the reply Tim. I understand that the video was pretty random and pointless to people that haven't seen previous episodes, or don't personally know Hector, so creating a story is something that I will have to look at for future episodes. As you said, it was more of an introduction than anything and just a chance to show clips of Hector that I managed to catch. Thanks again for the help as it's all fine and well getting feedback from friends that will enjoy whatever is uploaded, but getting feedback from people that have never seen nor heard of Hector will help me out immensely.

Thanks Midnight Blue. I will try and make sure the next episode is a bit more serious.