Thread: Capture from analogue VHS recorder?

Default Capture from analogue VHS recorder?

Can Premier Pro V7 be used to capture/edit footage from a VHS tape?
    Computer spec. up to speed (no problem doing it through Pinnacle S9, but awkward looking compared to a recently viewed Premiere job). If it's possible how would I go about it please?
    Grateful for help, don't want to buy if it can't be done.

Oh yes - that's what I seem to have been doing for most of my waking hours in the last couple of months. My VCR is connected to a Canopus ADVC-55 to do the analog to digital conversion, and the ADVC-55 is connected to my Firewire port. I then just fire up Premiere Pro (I can't think that's any different to Premiere 7?) and open the capture window - it captures beautifully as an .avi file. Only thing is, you can't - of course - control the VCR from the capture window like you can if you're capturing from a digital camcorder. All of the above said, I can do it all equally easily using Ulead Video Studio or whatever it's called, so I'm not sure why it would be hard with Pinnacle?
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...