Thread: sony camcorder

Default sony camcorder

I have a sony handycam (analogue), well actually its my mams, and at the moment I just can't afford a new one. The problem I have is the qualaity of the picture. There is a lot of glare and brightness and I don't know how to solve this. Can anyone help or am I just kidding myself by hanging onto this camcorder.

I took some footage at the weekend in Whitby (scooter rally) both inside and outside and it was quite a sunny day so the quality of the picture was pretty crap, so much just flooding everything.

Help.

What model?

It sounds like your white balance is off. On most corders, there's an option for setting the white balance, but it depends on which model it is.

It is a sony handycam vision video 8 xr ccd-trv48e. I've had a good look at it and the instructions and I can't find anything on it to adjust the white balance.

I have been thinking about getting a cheap mini dv camcorder just for now. Someone recommended a sony dcr-hc14 which i could get for about 250, which is about all I can afford at the moment.

In the future what I'd really like to get is a sony dcr-hc1000 or a sony dcr-trv33 which is a little cheaper.

ta for help.

Default Sony Handycam

Hi! Iv'e got the Sony DCR-PC107E and if yours is at all similar to mine, it might be that you've got the 'back light' turned on. I quite often make that mistake and wonder why the videos are so bright. Then realise I put it on for a darkish setting and forgot to turn it off again. I think they should have designed it so that it turns off when you turn the camera off.