Thread: Newbie Rated Explicit Video; Ride It to Jae Millz

Default Newbie Rated Explicit Video; Ride It to Jae Millz

Hey, my name is Alex Joachim. I am a 19 year old student. A reasonably professional graphic designer trying to get introduced to the video editing world. This video was filmed when I went to Regis College a school that one of my cousins go to. I decided to film something with no script and try and make it all work together. These girls just wanted to dance, & I wanted to film. So this was the result. I wanted to learn more about Film Editing Interactively so thats why I joined this forum to get feedback and to view others work.

READ THIS BEFORE WATCHING:
    -There Will Be Gyrating Of Female Body Parts(NO NUDITY)
    -You Might or Might Not Like What Is Happening In The Video but....
    -I Would Like Feedback On The Way I Placed The Clips Together, The Different Perspectives I Used, Effects, and Etc.
    -Thank You In Advance!

I used my Apple Laptop & iPhone 3GS to record. & Adobe Premiere CS3.

LINK TO VIDEO:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJoachim View Post
    I decided to film something with no script and try and make it all work together. These girls just wanted to dance, & I wanted to film. So this was the result.
    And that's exactly what it looked like (except that half the time they looked like they were coerced into dancing rather than wanting to.

Sorry if you put a lot of work into this but it did nothing for me. Just looked like some random badly shot clips thrown together without any real thought.

What were you hoping to achieve?
    Tim

Default Hey

Thanks for the input. I just learned the program & I wanted to test out the program. It honestly took me 3 hours to work on it. So not long at all. But instead of just saying its bad shots, what do you think I could do or focus on to make my videos better?

Blog Entries

OK. Really this should go in the USer Vids section which is where critical discussion is invited, but anyway.

In terms of the shots those which I found "bad" in particular were those where you cut the heads off - not in itself a bad thing if it's a look you're going for, but the head kept creeping back into the picture. I just find that annoying cos I don't know if it's deliberately hidden or not.

There's a shot where we get to see you frame the shot, but the framed shot cuts off the dancer at the top of the head and halfway down the hips - very odd.

There's a lot of "bloom" due to autoexposure (OK so it's an iPhone)

Then the vid itself didn't really say anything. I can see you tried to give it some sort of narrative by starting with you(?) walking in and ending with that nice pan to your sig on the fridge so full marks for that.

But it's just a vid of people dancing in a random way. OK for the participants and their friends but who else are you aiming at? What would they get out of it?

Think of your audience.
    Tim

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY!

My Target Audience: Was Literally Nobody(I Never Put That Into Consideration). You Gave Me A Lot To Think Of. Just To Let You Know I Am A Graphic Design Artist That Just Wanted Some What Of A Change To My Lifestyle; & Thought About Taking Up Video Editing. & I Really Enjoy It. Now That You Have Given Me A New Perspective I Have Determined To Write A Poetic Screen Play Aimed For The Romantic Young Teenagers In Todays Society.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJoachim View Post
    Thought About Taking Up Video Editing. & I Really Enjoy It.
    Be careful. It's addictive!
    This is a great site for people who are open to criticism to learn. Stick around and enjoy. Also, please post your own critiques of others' films in the User Vids section. You may be new to making videos, but you're not new to watching them and critiques from viewers are what really matters.

EDIT: Oh, I see you have started already
    Tim

girls dancing ? didnt see any of that ! mind you i only lasted 12 seconds .... next