Thread: determining video height and width for adobe premier

Smile determining video height and width for adobe premier

This is a bit of a newbie problem i think.

But i have some HD footage which im not exactly sure what the resolution is and im not sure if its 720p or 1080i. Im using Adobe premier and i have imported the MTS files from my camera into premier. and when i edit these files together in the timeline, the video is unevenly cropped in the program window. so during playback of my edited work, i cant see the entire frame.

i am pretty sure the reason im getting the cropped frame is because i have entered in the wrong frame size when i created the project, but my problem is i have no idea how to find out the details of the footage i have. i can watch the footage and take a guess but that wont work. right clicking and view the files properties in windows only shows the file type not the resolution or frame width/height

any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by loopafox View Post
    This is a bit of a newbie problem i think.

But i have some HD footage which im not exactly sure what the resolution is and im not sure if its 720p or 1080i. Im using Adobe premier and i have imported the MTS files from my camera into premier. and when i edit these files together in the timeline, the video is unevenly cropped in the program window. so during playback of my edited work, i cant see the entire frame.

i am pretty sure the reason im getting the cropped frame is because i have entered in the wrong frame size when i created the project, but my problem is i have no idea how to find out the details of the footage i have. i can watch the footage and take a guess but that wont work. right clicking and view the files properties in windows only shows the file type not the resolution or frame width/height

any help would be much appreciated.
    omg im such a doofas, iv just realised you can right click the MTS files in adobe and see in the properties the frame size or 'image size'. but the solution to my problem was simply selecting the correct format. but if anyone could give any tips on importing HD .mts footage of a sony camera into adobe that would be helpful. .mts files dont seem to be very good to work with. but i need to work with highest quality footage possible because im doing some camera tracking and compositing in these shots.
    Last edited by loopafox; 09-29-2010 at 01:38 AM.