Thread: Where can I find Audio

Default Where can I find Audio

I just statred working with vegas movie tonight. Where is a good place to find some music that I can use in the background. What format should I be using.

Thanks...

If your making video for fun, just use your own record collection. Or should I say downloads these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If your making video for fun, just use your own record collection. Or should I say downloads these days.
    But don't tell anyone as it's illegal.

However there are plenty of sites offering free to use music for amateurs. Bill Cushman occasionally posts here (ghostnotes) and I like all the stuff from Kevin MacLeod (Incompetech)
    Tim

I thought you are alowed to "make copies" of your CDs etc., so you can put them on your ipod or what ever people do these days. Now if you ad some pretty pictures to look at while listening to the music you have already paid to listen to, that seems fair enough.

Default Audio format

What format should the audio be if I am using Vegas movie

Thanks

Sony Vegas will accept most of the major formats. So mp3, wav, wma, etc will be fine just use the best quality you can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I thought you are alowed to "make copies" of your CDs etc., so you can put them on your ipod or what ever people do these days. Now if you ad some pretty pictures to look at while listening to the music you have already paid to listen to, that seems fair enough.
    Whilst it's generally accepted as fair that people will do this and extremely doubtful that anyone would sue, I don't believe any law has been changed to make this legal.

Irrepective, what we're talking about here is syncing the music to a video which is a different kettle of fish.

Again I don't seriously believe anyone's going to object to mummy's favourite song being used as an accompanyment to baby's first bath, but if you're playing by the book, you need "sync rights" - the re-recording or dubbing of a recording.

Amateurs can joing the IAC and obtain a very reasonable (though restrictive) licence. Copyright

Pros might like to use service sprovided by the like of Wedding Video Licences : Welcome

I just can't be bothered with worrying about whether I should show it on youtube or whatever and so always use production music (either Royalty Free or paid for)
    Tim