Thread: Car Video 91' Integra Video | Photoshoot

Default Car Video 91' Integra Video | Photoshoot

Shooting my friend Czarnico Egana's 1991 "Clean" Acura Integra DA on Wednesday September 08, 2010. Shots were taken at Ypao Beach Park, Tumon, Bank Of Hawaii, Dededo, and also The overpass in Barrigada, GUAM.

VIDEO/EDIT: CHRIS RAZO
    PHOTOS: JASON CABIGTING
    CAMERA ASSISTANT: REX DESEO
    CAR OWNER: CZARNICO EGANA

Equipment: Indislider/Canon t1i/5D MKII X2

It has a nice over all look. I think the editing needs tightening up. Example the shot that starts at 1:37 it goes on farrrrr to long, 20 seconds of nothing is a long time to wait to see something in focus. It was a good idea to start the shot like that but as the car drove in to shot it should have been in focus without adjusting the focus ring. A couple of seconds of that shot is plenty long enough before the other car comes into shot.

I liked that you did some dolly shots but thought at 1:45 the one way then the other wasn't a good idea. I loved that you have tried new ideas like at 2:00, the bit where you do a pan and then pick up the tripod then another smooth pan and again pick up the tripod etc. Although this was an interesting idea it shouldn't have the hosepipe pan (pan right then left).

The quality of the shots is really nice and you have a good eye for a shot. But need to work on the editing. I think this video should be cut down to under 2 mins. That's what editing is all about.

Blog Entries

I have to agree 100% with Midnight. Every comment. (BTW when he says 1.37 he means 0.37 if that wasn't obvious to you.)

I became really bored of the shots of the static car and skipped forward to see if that's all we were getting. There are only so many views you can do of a static car - even if you're a massive fan - before they become repetitive.

I wondered about the inclusion of the "feet" shots. I thought they were great shots - a really smooth and crisp low dolly close-up across a pair of feet - and I suspect you included them because you also thought hey were great shots.

But, you have to be ruthless. What do they add to this video? If the answer is "nothing", then, no matter how good they are, I'm sorry, they don't belong.
    Tim

Oops, yes I meant 0:37

Thank you for the comments and words of wisdom. I really appreciate it, i think i was so excited to make the video that after i finalized and rendered it i was just proud of what i made and didn't want to change it anymore. I will take what you've said and apply to my next car feature.

Oh and for the shoes it's something dealing with the style of Car Stance, Or a movement also known as hellaflush. Where it's all about girls, cars, shoes. (Although there weren't any girls in the Vid.) Haha.. Having fly kicks and also having your car have fly kicks (Nice Rims).

Thanks Again for the feedback

Blog Entries

Can't really add much to what the other guys have said. A good job for experimenting whith different angles and camera moves, but it needs to be pulled together a bit tighter. For example it seemed as if you'd edited the video in a fairly linear fashion, i.e. the timeline is perhaps the actual sequence of events. Sometimes it pays to throw the actual sequence out of the window to create greater impact.

For example personally I felt the closing minute had a match better feel to it. This combined the rolling shots with a few "dolly" and static close up shots. It told more of a story for m, particularly as we saw some people.

Nice music choice

You're right on point, Those are the actual sequence of events in the video. I'll try mixing it up next time. I agree also that the later part of the video was much better then the opening minutes. Thanks again for the feedback =)
    Posted via Mobile Device

love the shots, agreed 100% with all the other guys(midnight & tim)

Good job overall - what was the track by the way?

As has been mentioned, the video started off slowly with too many shots of the car parked. I think if the parked shots were mixed in with the driving shots it would have been more interesting.

hey guys thanks again for the feedback. The track is Gangstarr - Above The Clouds =)