Thread: Nikon D90 vs Prosumer 3CCDs

Default Nikon D90 vs Prosumer 3CCDs

Hi! I'm torn between getting a brand new D90 and a 2nd hand Canon GL1. I understand that the D90 already produces HD quality images but my primary concern is its sound quality. What I like about the Canon GL1 (also the Panasonic AG-DVC20 is another option) is that it's got a pro look and feel to it, and of course, it has a mic input. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

In my opinion, the motivation to buy a DSLR should be to take pictures. Taking HD video is an added bonus. On the other hand, stills from a similarly priced video camera won't attempt to match the quality of a DSLR.

If you want a cheap way of combining two hobbies, get a DSLR. If you're taking video as a pro, get a video camera.
    Posted via Mobile Device

East Riding of Yorkshire

I can't help thinking that both of the camcorders seem a bit outdated. Of course, it depends on what the price is, too.

As for the D90... its video isn't anything to shout about to be honest, as it doesn't have any manual controls, and its audio is shoddy, with a bad video codec.

I've had good experience with the Nikon D90 DSLR Camera this nikon D90 camera has very good Image quality, variety of image styles,and fine-tuning too these nikon D90 also have live view is great for the occasional high or low shot.
    Overall I'm extremely happy with the D90! It's designed for serious shooting,
    Last edited by williamsdacy; 12-15-2010 at 12:27 PM.