I do apologise if I am asking a question that has already been asked...I have looked through the forums but not found anything specific to my problem.
This could be a really simple issue that I am not aware of but at this moment in time I'm about to through my computer through the wall!!
Basically I am trying to edit a film/movie together of a number of .mov files taken from my 5D MKII. I'm using vegas 9 pro on a PC. I have them all in the explorer, and have managed to put them into the timeline and made a pretty good vid, with a song too. Now this is where my problems start:
1. I can play it an it shows in the preview window.
2. However when I render it to an avi [PAL] it plays for a random time but the goes blank [black screen] however the music still plays...for the length of the film.
3. When I go back to check the timeline and preview sometimes it now shows as balck, sometimes it shows the videos.
So what is happening or what have I done or not done???
I have tried:
1.Going into preferences and setting the bitrate from 8 to 32.
2. Downgraded QUICKTime player.
Some issues I 'think' it maybe, or did these then it messed up [bu can't be sure]:
1. I added a blank tile and put text in it at the beginning
2. I have all the videos on separate tracks [about 40 in total]
3. The latter videos seem to be more of problem to the render, i.e the earlier ones render but then it ultamtely will go black after a certain vid...could this be that the mov files from that moment on are corrupt?
So what is happening? Do I need to convert the movs to something else for vegas 9 to handle them better? I have produced another vid previously with no problems whatsoever!! So why this vid?