Thread: Willow

Talking Willow

I just had to post this test footage here. Tim you don't have to watch it, I understand.

It's my first ever editing in HD with Sony Vegas with my new PC. The footage is a bit ropey but who cares, This is my new 8 week old puppy.

Please watch in 1080 if you can. That way you'll get the full benefit of seeing how hard it is to focus on a moving target.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 10-04-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Doesn't anyone like puppys.

Hi MB,

Puppies are OK, but I couldn;t eat a whole one

After Lindisfarne, it is difficult to comment on this work ... you've clearly come a long way since you did this. It's like trying to judge Steven Gerrard on his youth cup appearances

Mike

I only shot it a couple of weeks ago. So I've got worse not better. I put it in the wrong section really, it should have been in the just for fun section. It wasn't meant as a serious video. It's just my new puppy who has brought a ray of light in to our lives after what has happend.

Thanks for visiting the thread and commenting, thats more than the rest of those miserable, puppy hating, gits have done.

I feel bad now

I didn't mean it wasn't a good job - I meant that the difficulty in matching a selection of shots with a music track as you have here was not as complex as your Lindasfarne video which included voiceover and some significant planning.

I think what I failed to realise on first viewing is the difficulty of capturing a moving target, so well done for that. I know from trying to capture my kids whilst they tear around the garden, that moving targets are a challenge! You move the camera one way as the dog runs and then you almost have to anticipate the change in direction to keep the camera movement smooth the other way - at least that is what it seemed like, and I think you made a good job of that.

Don't worry about it Mike. It was simply catching some footage so I could test out my new computer with 1080i footage. Which it did with great ease. My old one wouldn't even be able to stutter though a simple 720p clip. It is also so fast at rendering that it does HD footage in close to real time.

Thanks for visiting the thread and commenting, thats more than the rest of those miserable, puppy hating, gits have done.
    Some miserable gits may not have been able to comment, possibly through having to exercise their own mutts or lack of internet access!

So, what exactly are you showing off about?? The speed of the new PC or the Andrexness of the new puppy??
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

I suppose a bit of both. I know it's silly but she has brought the family some much needed joy and I wanted to share it.