Thread: Panasonic NV-GS120

Default Panasonic NV-GS120

I have used my Panasonic NV-GS120 for a few years. I have recently upgraded my old PC that had a firewire port to Windows 7 (32 bit) and bought a new dell Windows 7 (64 bit pc).

I fitted a firewire port tonight and on both PC's when trying to download video I get as far as a mesage saying the tape is rewinding but it doesn't rewind.

Can anyone help please?

I don't see why the firewire port would be acting up on either of the PCs. What video capture software are you using.

Same result with rhe 'proper' Windows Moviemaker (2.?/) and Windows Live Moviemaker.

I have now found a microsoft webpage that says this device is incompatible with Windows 7 64 bit. Is this the end of the road for a perfectly good camcorder?

What about the 32 bit computer you have if you put xp on it you could use that as a capture device and may be a back up/storage device.

Well I suppose, but having forked out 80 for Windows 7 it seems rather a retrograde step.

I know what you mean, I recently upgraded and now I'm left with a TV card that doesn't work and a really nice sound card thats no good. But I am more than happy with the performance of my new PC. I've never seen Vegas render faster than real time before.

I upgradede from a Medion 8833 to a Dell Pentium i3 with 8Gb RAM. So disappointed. Pregrams freezing and stopping responding from the word go and just getting worse after a few months.