Thread: what software?

Default what software?

Hi guys,

sorry if this has been asked before, but this is my first time on the site.
    I am thinking about getting back into video production, having had a couple of years away from it. When I did it before I used Premiere Pro 1.5 and canon xm2.
    I would like to start buying my own equipment, obviously HD is the way to go now, and I was wondering what the best software was to get for BluRay, I read that somewhere that Final Cut Pro can't do BluRay, but my friends have said its the way to go and Apple is the system to buy.

Near Southampton, UK

Ah, I have just posted a similar question, but mind is Final Cut or Premiere. As far as I know, Macs don't have blu-ray drives (I only have a Macbook Pro), so at a guess I would say if you're doing HD then Final Cut would export the final project as a h.264 format quicktime file, then you would have to convert that to blu-ray format, which you would have to burn on a Windows PC. For that I would sugest Nero 9 Digital as the software of choice, as it can convert to blu-ray format, as far as I know. But you could get a 3rd party converter like AVS Video Converter 7 which can do the job to.