Thread: Just bought Premiere Pro - doesn't like my camera.....:shock

Default Just bought Premiere Pro - doesn't like my camera.....:shock

Please, please somebody help me!

Just spent a load of cash on Premiere Pro, and it won't acknowledge my camera - it's a Panasonic NV-DS65.

Any ideas folks?!

Its just says "camera off-line".....

Rich

Default Re: Just bought Premiere Pro - doesn't like my camera.....:s

Quote Originally Posted by argento
    Please, please somebody help me!

Just spent a load of cash on Premiere Pro, and it won't acknowledge my camera - it's a Panasonic NV-DS65.

Any ideas folks?!

Its just says "camera off-line".....

Rich
    Here's the big question, does windows recognize it? If you are in windows and power up the camera does the system "bing" and create an icon for your camera and have it show up in My Computer?

Premier is only going to pickup from what windows gives it, now for setting up premier to make the camera work, if it's not in the device list (i am not at my workstation and can't check), then send an email to adobe systems so that they can include it in the 1st patch release when it comes out. It should however work with the Generic DV Cam setting or a similar Panasonic setting.

I recall that when Premier 6.0 came out, my Sony wasn't in the system list until the patch, however it worked just fine with a similar model number.

Best of luck to you ...

Sorted it!

Just bought a new firewire cable, and it works!

Don't know why, but the cable worked with Studio 8....

Now then, can anyone recommend a beginners guide to premiere pro....

Rich

Default Premiere Pro

I experienced the same problem when I installed this. I had bought all the Firewire kit, and also I have a Pansonic DV Camera. The solution is to go to the microsoft website and have to download an .exe file. The reason for this is due to the fact that all Panasonic Dv cameras don't complete the full driver installation when connected by Firewire or any other device. Not a big file, it will install and then re-boot and your away. Something to do with emnumeration?? It completes 3 layer out of 5 instead of the full 5??? All techno jargon, but pleased when it works!!!

To ELLTCK

Ok ......can this software import a MPEG with AC3 created with a new Sony DVD camcorder DVD300???

JEFF

The .exe file was not a software application but a patch that was needed for Windows XP. I am not sure whether you would require it for Sony DV however worth visiting the site.