Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony vegas Pro video editing MTS

Default Sony vegas Pro video editing MTS

Hello all

I have sony vegas Pro 9.
    When i open my MTS file for editing, on the preview window ( top right corner) it looked like the quality has been reduced and the video looks more blurry even though i have not made any changes or edit to the file. Just seem it automatically reduces the quality of the video when you open it with sony vegas.
    The video file are in MTS are in filmed in High Definition.

Any clue why im experiencing this issue?

2. Default

If you want to see the true quality of your video, change the preview window to Best Full, but your PC will struggle with the load. The preview pane is just to monitor what you are editing, it is a bit off putting at first to see it in such bad quality, but Sony Vegas does this to reduce the load the HD video puts on the computer. When you render your finished project down you will get the full quality back.
    I always leave mine set to Preview Auto when I'm editing.

Sarah
    Last edited by Sarah & Allison; 09-20-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Hi Sarah & Allison and thank you for the reply.

I have created the new project and used match media settings and use full resolutio n rending : best. On normal play back the video is good quality HD 1920x1080 25 Frame rate just raw like i recorded it , as soon as i put on the time line and play it back its blurry and lower quality. I have a good system quad core 3.2GHZ 8GB DDR3 Radeon 4870X2.

Preview device preference is set for maximum quality 1920x1080 , yet the video remains blurry? Because when i just tested it and save it as a mpeg the quality was bad just like in the preview window and i didnt even use any effects
    Any ideas?

These are the setting im using i have attached the screenshot of my settings, please check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    If you want to see the true quality of your video, change the preview window to Best Full, but your PC will struggle with the load. The preview pane is just to monitor what you are editing, it is a bit off putting at first to see it in such bad quality, but Sony Vegas does this to reduce the load the HD video puts on the computer. When you render your finished project down you will get the full quality back.
    I always leave mine set to Preview Auto when I'm editing.

Sarah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by muplayer2000; 09-20-2010 at 10:02 PM.

What render settings did you use?

I just attached the image of my settings , can you see its set to :Full resolution rendering settings: best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What render settings did you use?

6. Default

That's not your render settings thats your project properties.
    I'm finding it hard to understand you.
    Have you actually rendered your project down? It appeared from your first post you had just put video from your camcorder onto the timeline.
    The preview device settings also dont determine what quality your preview pane displays in.

Sarah

Hi again.

What i did i took the video that was saved on the sd card from the Panasonic AG-HMC151 , and copy and pasted it on my computer. Then i just ran Sony vegas and draged the file to editing time line.

The file is AVCHD , MTS extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    That's not your render settings thats your project properties.
    I'm finding it hard to understand you.
    Have you actually rendered your project down? It appeared from your first post you had just put video from your camcorder onto the timeline.
    The preview device settings also dont determine what quality your preview pane displays in.

Sarah

To see the preview at it's best quality. There is a preview option setting above the preview window. Select Best (full). This will give you the best preview image providing your computer is strong enough to cope with it. If video stops running smoothly, set the preview option from Best (full) to Best Auto this should give you the best preview quality the your computer can manage.

I have selected best in preview window, it makes no difference please read my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    To see the preview at it's best quality. There is a preview option setting above the preview window. Select Best (full). This will give you the best preview image providing your computer is strong enough to cope with it. If video stops running smoothly, set the preview option from Best (full) to Best Auto this should give you the best preview quality the your computer can manage.

I have read your previous posts and think you are using words differently to how we use them. You posted some screen shots of your project properties and your preview device settings. These are not the same as I described in my post.

You seem to be saying you took the files from the camera put it on the time line and was disappointed with what you saw in the preview screen. Re-read my post and tell me what preview settings you have. ie Best, half, preview, or what ever it says. If it doesn't say BEST (FULL) you are simply not viewing your footage at it's best resolution. Sony Vegas will produce a lower resolution preview of your footage if you don't have the setting as Best (full).

I hope we are coming to some understanding now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast