0 0%
  • Okay..

0 0%
  • Good

0 0%

Thread: Help need feedback (:

Default Help need feedback (:

Hello This is my 1. vid so plz come with som feedback (:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2e5YLdQWyY]YouTube - The beast - Trailer[/ame]

Blog Entries

I thought yuo blended the shots with the music to give the tranquil feel you were after pretty well and in the main the shots were well chosen and panned very smoothly.

But...

Please set your tripod up square. Look, for example, at the sides of the house when it first comes into view - they need to be vertical. Similarly the trees at 1:00 are all leaning over.

Also watch for exposure. For no artistic reason the shot all becomes dark at 1:30 and then lightens up again. I'm guessing you went for a manual exposure (to eliminate the unwanted effects of over exposure) but did not adjust as the shot required it. (This could be a really useful effect if you want to change a mood from peaceful to sinister, so being able to do it is quite handy!)

I thought the blur/vignette effect was inappropriate. I don't know what you were trying to achieve, but it looked to me like the sort of effect you might use for a POV from an alien or deranged person.

I liked the contrasting colour correction used when you switched to the "beast" shots.

In terms of a trailer, if that was the idea, it is far, far, far too long. Cut the tranquil bit to 20 secs then have 10 of the beast.

A good effort which I think you can improve upon quite easily. Looking forward to the next version (or maybe the full feature).
    Tim

Tim has said about everything. I think the blur/vignette was supposed to create a "dream like" effect. I could have it as the first shot but not all the way through. Like Tim said as a trailer it spent far to long on the first section the transition to the second section worked very well. Was that a giant ladybird at 50secs ?

As for the leaning trees, I suspect you had your tripod set for the beginning of the shot but because you didn't use.have a spirit level by the end of the long pan it made the trees look slanted.

I'm not sure Tim was right about the darkening at 1:30 to me it looks like you had the camera on auto and as the camera pointed more at the sky this caused the trees to go darker.

I loved the final shot of the beast jumping up.

You have a very nice place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    As for the leaning trees,
    I'm not sure Tim was right about the darkening at 1:30
    You may well be right on both counts, Midnight.
    Tim

Thanks I look at it immediately(: I then I will repost it (: