Thread: PD170 Fuzzy LCD

Default PD170 Fuzzy LCD

Hi,

I have a secondhand Sony DSR-PD170P that has been in storage for a couple of years. I got it out today and it's all in working order apart from what I think is a problem with the lens.

It plays back DV tapes recorded on other cameras fine, but when I try to shoot on it all I get is a weird fuzz that changes when I zoom in and goes blurry when I change the focus. When I record this fuzz, it plays back just the same as it looks in the LCD. Occasionally I get a real picture but it's very blue and distorted (as seen at the beginning of the video).

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

As far as I can tell from your video, it doesn't look like a lens issue, it's more likely to be electronic. Perhaps the sensor or some other processing unit inside the camera.

I'm not an expert and I can't advise any thing to fix your problem but I would recommend sending it to be fixed by someone who knows what they are doing.

Yea I think your right,

I called up the London Camera Exchange and they quoted 150 just to see what was wrong with it, not even to fix it!!!

Whats the cheapest way to repair a camera, or do you think it's cheaper to buy a new one!!!

Thanks,

Will u sell your camcorder to me ?? I will pay 600 GBP with all the accessories .. Please email me garg . davy at gmail . com if you are willing to sale ..

Davy Garg

Quote Originally Posted by G009 View Post
    Hi,

I have a secondhand Sony DSR-PD170P that has been in storage for a couple of years. I got it out today and it's all in working order apart from what I think is a problem with the lens.

It plays back DV tapes recorded on other cameras fine, but when I try to shoot on it all I get is a weird fuzz that changes when I zoom in and goes blurry when I change the focus. When I record this fuzz, it plays back just the same as it looks in the LCD. Occasionally I get a real picture but it's very blue and distorted (as seen at the beginning of the video).

YouTube - SONY PD170

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,