Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exporting to Avi from MPEG 2 file, choppy video and sound

Default Exporting to Avi from MPEG 2 file, choppy video and sound

I currently have been using my capture card (ATI All in Wonder TV Pro or something like that) to record myself playing Halo. And after importing the MPEG 2 video, everything looks and works fine in the montior view or whatever you call it. However, when I drag the clip down into my time line and place my in and out points. When I view the video in the second window (the one next to the original video window {its in the in upper right}) It is all choppy and the sound is off. Then when I drag my video down into the timeline, after I make the in and out points so that all remains is about 20 secs. Then I render the video, and then after that I export the video it looks like crap. The sound is off, the video is choppy and more. I have no idea why its so poor quality.

Could it be my system specs or am I doing something wrong?

My computer is:

Dell Dimension 8200
    256 MB RD RAM
    1.7 GHZ Pentium 4 Processor

Blog Entries

search the forums for editing MPEG in Premiere. Then search the forums for exporting in WMV. All the info is there, or someone else might come along and post the answer for you if they're not busy.

I'm about to sleep as its 4:30 AM where I'm at, and I was just curious then of one question, I forgot to ask that you might help me with. Do I need to buy more RAM to fix the problem? (I'm currently searching the topics you told me to)

Blog Entries

extra ram would go down well, but won't fix the problem. Premiere does not natively support MPEG editing.

Hmm the only thing I found after searching for like half an hour, is that Premier doesn't like to edit MPEG2 (or other types of MPEG for that matter). So... in other words I didn't find anything except that I now know that there is a fix out there, that I just can't discover. I really didn't find any topics that really addressed the issue that I was talking about though. So I'm at the mercy of the kind people here in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    extra ram would go down well, but won't fix the problem. Premiere does not natively support MPEG editing.
    Ah, yes I just posted my findings, or lack-there-of, that coincide with what you said above. I just can't figure out what to do with my MPEG 2 video now though heh heh. Or how to fix it.

Blog Entries

Convert to another format such as DV AVI first. It's on teh forums, trust me.

But can you do that using Adobe Premeir?

Blog Entries

Use virtualdub

I got videodub, but when I try to open my .mpg files it says no Video frames found in mpeg file. So, I'm not sure what is going on with it. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast