Thread: Advice needed!! New consumer willing to buy, but what?

Cool Advice needed!! New consumer willing to buy, but what?

So, I'm new to this.. I want a quality camcorder that will do the job in HD. My plan is to shoot take away shows (random live music events) and edit them so that I can distribute and hopefully, become better.

BUT! I need a place to start. I absolutely adore the shoulder camcorders.. The cheapest one i found was here Sony Product Detail Page - HXRMC50U

But yet, it's TOO expensive. What will do the job like that?

Help?

feel free to email me Andrewvictory@gmail.com and we can talk more!!

-Andrew

Blog Entries

What kind of experience do you have already? You hint that you're going to distribute (sell) your footage in the future, what kind of product will this be?

These are the fundamentals that should be addressed before you can start thinking about your budget for a camera. Speaking from experience, the camera is only a part of the budget. You'll need stabilisation gear (tripods, jibs, steadicam etc), audio kit and lenses, filters and baggage to name a few. I know you've asked for camera recommendations, but you might want to consider the scope of your budget before deciding what camera to opt for.

In terms of choices, there's thankfully a finite number of cams that would meet your requirements. I suggest you talk to the people at creative video. They have a show room where you can pick up and feel the cameras, which is a must!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Canon VIXIA HF S100 Camcorder - 1080p - 8.59 MP - 10 x optical zoom

I've been looking at this.

Experience: VERY VERY limited. Like, i'm fresh out of no where looking for a place to start.
    Definitely distribute. Products= Music video sort of thing? Church testimonials too.

I'm looking to do things like: [video=youtube;sLOr_FrJJWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_pXLtY0R0]YouTube - Phoenix - 1901 - A Take Away Show[/url] and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOr_FrJJWA[/video]