No no, hopefully just a helpful critique.
GIVE ME TRUTHFULL COMMENTS ONLY NEGATIVE COMMENTS HELP
1. Perhaps it was my download, but I thought there was a fair bit of audio drop out on occasion. Also, the thunder claps ended too abruptly, and echo filter with fade would have been better.
2. The making the breakfast scene was just a bit too long for me.
3. One continuitty error when the phone is dropped, the cutaway shows the phone still on the hook.
4. When the music tempo increases (just over halfway through) the tempo of film doesn't quite move up to the same pace.
5. The closing title sequence has just too much solid black in it to hold the viewers attention.
Is your teacher right, in that this movie sucks? Well frankly no! It is a very good movie,
1. Excellent atmosphere, especially during the opening sequence
2. Opening titles simple and effective
3. Excellent video composition
4. Complimented by solid editing techniques
5. Obviously all of this from a very good script.
Tell your teacher to get go and get stuffed. I think, given the amount of time you had to preapare for this, that you and your friend are spot on, your film (and incidentally if Moaldytoaster posts to this, it is a Film) is good.
Go to the festival. Try and talk to some of the judges to establish what their views of the strengths and weaknesses of your movie.
Well done I say
COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11
Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.