Thread: media studio pro

Default media studio pro

hello

i would like to know how to mix two pictures or even two videos on screen at once so they appear mixed or blended together.

e.g if i have a close up of my baby on the left of the screen smiling and then the video clip on the right with him crawling. but i want them smoothed together

ilike the advert for tina turners greatest hits on tv

Good to see you posting again young Browners.

Woe is me, I don't know what the Tina Turner video you refer to looks like. But hey, to split screen on Mediastudio try this,

1. Place your first clip on track V1 and set a moving path where the width X is set to 5 for both keyframes.

2. Place your second clip on V2 and set a moving path where the width X is set to 715 for both key frames.

This overlaps both clips by 5 pixels in the middle of the screen.

Its the blending bit that is puzzling me because I don't know the video you refer to. But you could try a simple transparency overlay by setting the transparency for both clips to say 5% or 10%. Or you could try a motion blur, a blur or smart blur video filter to both clips. Alternatively you could create the movie at this stage and then blend using Video Paint.

If you can post a screen shot of the specific blend effect that you want, then I will try and post back more specific instructions.

Meantime good luck.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

hello mate thanks for the reply.

I recentley recorded a mates wedding. I was a bit reluctant, but she insisted i do it if only as a favor. I want to try and make it a good first video.

Do you know what software I could use to create a logo or even an intro for a wedding video. Something like maybe a book coming off a book shelf and opening into the video or stills.

Blog Entries

Take my advice: keep it simple. You'll spend too long looking for that killer effect and forget that what really counts is overall presentation and quality. Trust me, go for a slickly edited 30sec to 2/3mins short at the front end of the DVD, and you'll have the bride in tears.

Default Mr Peters

hello mate

i am still curious on the software to create logos etc..... as i could use something like it in the future. I just dont know whats available or what is good to get, or easy to use and effective.

Regarding my video, any advice on the intro. You mention 30 sec to 2/3 min. Is this vaious stills and some moving picture highlighted of what to expect in the video.

Default mark peters

mate read my last post

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mr Peters

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNERS
    hello mate

i am still curious on the software to create logos etc..... as i could use something like it in the future. I just dont know whats available or what is good to get, or easy to use and effective.

Regarding my video, any advice on the intro. You mention 30 sec to 2/3 min. Is this vaious stills and some moving picture highlighted of what to expect in the video.
    Be Inspired and Be Creative. Whenever you see a film, programme, advert or trailer, think about the methods and styles used. Keep a diary of what techniques you like whenever you see an innovative style.

There's no rules in video editing. Oh, you'll hear many old hands spout on about the rule of thirds, the importance of a tripod and the avoidance of zoom. Tell that to the editors of 24.

Over the next two weeks, watch as many trailers, films, documentaries and ads you can with a watchful eye. Draw inspiration from them for your editing. Don't rely on what wedding videographers or the so called experts dictate.

There are no RULES in video editing, just creativity and innovation. If you follow these so called rules, you'll end up with a generic lifeless piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters:
    There are no RULES in video editing, just creativity and innovation. If you follow these so called rules, you'll end up with a generic lifeless piece of sh!t.
    No disrespect young Marc, but you should really learn to speak your mind!

Marc is right you know. Oddly enough I am doing a wedding video in April and we have decied ona Mockumentary style. Is the bride in for a shock or what!

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

thanks peeps, I will heed your advice.