Thread: Need help for AV input

Default Need help for AV input

Hi

I dont know too much about video cameras.. but my group of buddies have 2 headcam but we need a video camera that has av input.. we have two digital video cameras but they dont have them... I just want to know if there a adapter or some device that will help us out..

If there isn't, does anyone know a recorder for headcam that is not expesive and it will have a good quality display for our new dvd movie that will be coming out..

Thanks for any advice that you might have..

Sledcrew
    www.sledcrew.com

What camcorders do you have access to?

I don't mean to be rude, but most Digital Camcorders with AV in support, tend to have a mini-jack input these days, rather than the old fashioned Yellow Red & White plug inputs.

Check your camcorder manual for details, or checkout http://www.camcorderinfo.com/ for details on other video cameras.

Good luck

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

ok the camcorder is a jvc grdvl520u...

It has a DV input but i need a av input for our headcams.. is there a adapter out ther for me to convert the av to dv before i recorde it on the camcorder?

If anyone can help me on this it would be great..

Yeah you're right this particular JVC doesn't support AV-IN.

I don't know of any device that will concert your analogue signal off-line from a PC. (Although I will be happy to stand corrected from others).

There are plenty (Dazzle and Pyro to name a couple) that will take the signal to a PC.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Hello there, I have just bought a bullet cam for use on a helmet which works with a Cannon MV750I. What you need is AV in, mine connects to the jack plug for headphones. I just change the settings of the camera from headphones to AV in. If you can record from your TV, you should be able to record from a bullet cam.

The site I bought mine from is http://www.sports-camera.com/helmet_cam_pal.htm . I bought camera pack 3 which works great, clear picture and no problem from vibrations when blasting down hill on my bike. The site also has more info on how to connect both cameras and what you need.

Hope this helps...AJ