Thread: URGENT - Vegas 9.0 Pro - Video files replaced with other files?!?

1. Default URGENT - Vegas 9.0 Pro - Video files replaced with other files?!?

Hey guys, I'm finishing up a 2 month long project and everything was going perfectly until I went to review the main project file (there'd 4 total) and I noticed that one of the clips (a finish line clip that's one long video) was replaced with the same clip (completely different video file) in each of the places that it plays in the timeline.

I went to fix it, spend 20 minutes fixing it, saved the project file, closed vegas, re-opened it and it was doing the EXACT SAME THING again! (this has happened with several of the clips)

There are a few other spots where the wrong video is playing, but if I go to properties on the clip it shows the correct video file?!!?

A few details -
    --- The project does include HD & non-HD files, hasn't been an issue in the past though?
    --- My project files are on my main OS drive, I have a 4TB raid 5 setup for my video file storage
    --- If I open the video files that are giving me issues straight from the video storage drive the correct content plays
    --- I tried chopping up the project file into several different smaller portions and saving the VEG's of the smaller videos and had the same issue.

Help please!!!
    Kyle

2. Default

The last item in the bullets ended up working (chopping it up into smaller portions), still doesn't explain why it happened and whether there's an easy fix to prevent this headache again if anyone knows how to do so.

My only big quesiton now is: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ck-issues.html

if you right click on the clip in the media bin then open media in folder, does it go to the correct file/folder?
    Do you know you can right click and drag media on to a clip to make a take, it then takes on all the attributes of the original clip.