Thread: Great South Run

Default Great South Run

I ran this race with Tarquin, Sarah and Bryony, and I was surprised that Tarquin was running with a Flip Video camera ... it works though, right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/user/tarquincooper#p/a/u/1/-1WwwelZ43M]YouTube - tarquincooper's Channel[/ame]

Blog Entries

I ran a London Marathon with an old Sony miniDV camcorder. Carried the blasted thing for 26 miles, but only got about 30 seconds of decent footage (so that about a second a mile!)... and didn't have the energy or the thought to turn it on as I crossed the finish line. If I'd have had a smaller flip type camera, it would have been so much better - lighter, easier to hold whilst running and longer recording time!

The lesson here is to always plan if you've got a camera! I know it sounds silly, but the amount of times I've missed something (when I did actually have a camera on me) is alarming. OK, maybe fogetting to record crossing the finish line is a excusable after running for a fair few hours, but it should have been something I'd planned!

Blog Entries

Here's the video (footage at the very end!) [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/2669827]London Marathon Training 2008 on Vimeo[/ame]