Thread: Wish you were here

Default Wish you were here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic]YouTube - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here[/ame]

My favourite song, ever, and I am pretty sure that this is not the actually music video. The track was made when I was three years old, so excuse my ignorance.

Let's critique this, shall we?

(not the music, that is not up for critique )

Blog Entries

Far too literal an interpretation of the lyrics for my taste (though it would go down well at the club on a "movies to Music" night). Whenever I see a literal interpretation like this I'm reminded of John Peel talking about the dance routines of Pan's People.
    Great track though. Think I'll have to go and have a 'Floyd moment.
    Tim

3. Default

If we're going to talk serious about this, I'd have to say Dave looks absolutely gorgeous at 1 min. even though Roger is the one who makes me go all weak nowadays.
    Never fancied Nick, but Rick was very good looking in the Syd days but not as dreamy as Syd himself.

Allison

YouTube shows this 5 min clip has been viewed over 39 million times.
    Excel tells me that (39,000,000*5)/(60*24*365) = 371 years of playing time.

Unlike S&A, seeing the faces of members of that Company don't weaken me, but I do tend to drool when I see David play. I prefer his fingering to his facials.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post

Unlike S&A, seeing the faces of members of that Company don't weaken me, but I do tend to drool when I see David play. I prefer his fingering to his facials.
    Right on the head there, Tim ... Gilmour is a god that wanders around amongst us ...

... as is Noel Gallagher, but that's another story!

"Heaven from hell? Blue skies form pain"

I couldn't agree with Tim more that the creator has essentially listened to the words, and then matched those words with pictures of the exact same thing.

"We're just two lost souls living in a fish bowl, year after year@

What this did teach me though, is that an amazing song can cover a multitude of sins ... bad video for me, but an amazing track!