Thread: Error loading up a project.

Default Error loading up a project.

Hi guys. quick bit of background.

I use Sony Vegas Pro 9, and a while ago i started working on a few projects. Then, i decided i had had enough of Windows XP which i was using at the time, so i backed all my files up, reformatted and put Windows 7 Ultimate on it.

I reinstalled Vegas and tried to open my old projects, but when i do i get an error message that says:

"An error occurred while loading the project file xxxxx.veg.

An error occurred reading the file. Make sure you have read access to the file/folder and that it is not corrupted."

I have tried moving the file, and accessing the backup by renaming it from .veg.bak to just .veg, but nothing works. Can anyone offer a solution please?

Cheers and regards.

2. Default

When I save the project, i usually get two files: xxxx.veg. and xxxx.veg.bak. Have you tried to put these files in the same folder and then tryied to open xxxx.veg? Because I get the same notification sometimes.
    Hope you can open the project now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1nfam0us View Post
    Then, i decided i had had enough of Windows XP which i was using at the time, so i backed all my files up, reformatted and put Windows 7 Ultimate on it.

I reinstalled Vegas and tried to open my old projects, but when i do i get an error message that says:

"An error occurred while loading the project file xxxxx.veg.

An error occurred reading the file. Make sure you have read access to the file/folder and that it is not corrupted."
    So you reformatted and then reinstalled Vegas? Or did you just copy over the SONY Vegas program? Or did you do a full install?

Did you use the same activation codes? Could be, as you have reformatted and as far as Vegas is concerned this is now a different PC, you'd need to call SONY and get their advice. Did you obtain new activation codes? I'm presuming you had previously used the Serial Number? Did you?

IMO you shouldn't have been able to get to the official Sony Vegas Splash Screen. Let alone attempt to load a veg. Did you?

I've had the same problem except I havn't reformatted my computer.
    It won't open on my laptop but it would open fine on my PC. I'm now 100 miles away from home and need to make a small edit on my laptop but the file won't open.

I still have the xxxx.veg and xxxx.veg.bak files in the same folder