Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disconnected < Production

Default Disconnected < Production

Hey guys, this is one of the most ambitious project to date. It cost us $20 dollars to make and a lot of networking and favors for it to work out. Anyways here is the intro.

APPROX 4min

We hope you enjoy all and please post your thoughts!

-Fred
    Last edited by FCRabbath; 08-31-2010 at 06:57 PM.

A great job on such a tight budget mate, good work!

In a world where were are 'connected' for ever increasing proportions of the day I think it is really interesting to explore a world where suddenly all of that is lost.

I loved the trailer as well, and it certainly made me want to see the film.

Blog Entries

I thought it was a great concept and, as we've come to expect from you, well filmed.

I have to say at 4min it rather laboured the point. As a trailer - it's too long. As an intro - well, if it has titles across it and it's feature length you may get away with it, but as it stands it would have me shuffling in my seat.

How long does it really take to get across the message and the potential impact?

To do that on $20 must have involved a lot of blagging. Of location. Of costume. Of cast & extras. Quite apart from the content and images you're achieved, I take my hat off to you for your ability to produce something on a negligible budget.

I'm almost tempted to offer you $100 to see what you could come up with, but I fear that would make you lazy

Looking forward to the final product.
    Tim

I think Tim is regressing back to being a teenager. I thought the the trailer was great. I really can't wait to see the movie. I would pay good money to see this, it's just my sort of movie.

Well done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think Tim is regressing back to being a teenager.
    If only I fear more that I'm becoming a grumpy old man.

I just thought it rather overstated the point.
    Tim

6. Default

Excellent promo. It makes me want to see the movie. Already I can see that there's a lot of work gone into this.

Nice one.

Nerdy-niggle - A sneak glance is spelt "peek" not "peak" so it should be a "sneak peek" otherwise it means a crafty mountain top!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    If only I fear more that I'm becoming a grumpy old man.

I just thought it rather overstated the point.
    I do agree the length was not necessary to get the message across but if you had footage like that wouldn't you want to show it off.

I do have a problem with your accounting FC., as there is no way you could shoot this with a $20 budget. You couldn't even feed your crew for one day on that budget !

Can you explain what you wasted the $20 on ? I reckon is was the electricity used during the editing stage. Seriously, when you get spotted by the major studios to make a big time version of this movie you will have to be more accurate with your accounting.

I hope the full story is a good as the trailer makes it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I do agree the length was not necessary to get the message across but if you had footage like that wouldn't you want to show it off.

I do have a problem with your accounting FC., as there is no way you could shoot this with a $20 budget. You couldn't even feed your crew for one day on that budget !

Can you explain what you wasted the $20 on ? I reckon is was the electricity used during the editing stage. Seriously, when you get spotted by the major studios to make a big time version of this movie you will have to be more accurate with your accounting.

I hope the full story is a good as the trailer makes it seem.
    We only fed the crew when it was more than a 2 hour shoot that day, and then we got local restaurants to feed them for credit in the film.

15$ for gas carpooling to all locations, and the rest was for other misc things.

The point was to keep the price low to that amount, and it was possible with the help of everyone.

thanks for watching.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I thought it was a great concept and, as we've come to expect from you, well filmed.

I have to say at 4min it rather laboured the point. As a trailer - it's too long. As an intro - well, if it has titles across it and it's feature length you may get away with it, but as it stands it would have me shuffling in my seat.

How long does it really take to get across the message and the potential impact?

To do that on $20 must have involved a lot of blagging. Of location. Of costume. Of cast & extras. Quite apart from the content and images you're achieved, I take my hat off to you for your ability to produce something on a negligible budget.

I'm almost tempted to offer you $100 to see what you could come up with, but I fear that would make you lazy

Looking forward to the final product.
    I do agree with you that as an intro it is a little long, but it was the only way to show the scale of things and do things differently in a short film with post apocalyptic qualities. Therefore, show the chaos first, then characters.

You did a great job, feeding the crew for credit in the film is a master stroke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast