Thread: Battle for Middle Earth - The Rise of the King

Default Battle for Middle Earth - The Rise of the King

This video was created around mid 2006. One of my old creations when i was doing video editing back then. The content of the video was all provided from GameTrailers.

Near the end there is a scene which was not cropped properly. Just throwing it out there.

Music: Batman Soundtrack

Thought it was worth to upload.

Hope you enjoy

The credits refer "Adobe Premier" as "Sotware". I believe the "software" is named "Adobe Premiere". The credits list games, but not which company created them. Same for the music. The best bit is at 5:30, when we get to see the timeline in your 'sotware'.

The credits list you as both the "Director" and "Video Editor". I am not sure those are the best ways to describe how the clip was created. Most worrying is that the name "JE Productions" appears throughout the clip. I think that is very naughty.

Apart from the above points I enjoyed the clip. It was better than some I have seen.

Well let me restate my self then to what i was using and to what was being used. I really did not think it would have been to big of a deal on the description i posted.

Programs used:

Adobe Premiere Pro

Sony Vegas - which was used for the beginning intro -

Now 4 years ago i was the best about what i was putting into my videos. I have changed my editing style as well as the way i do my credits and introductions.

For the director part and the video editor part. I figured if i am the one who put everything together, id be consider a director due to the fact that i had this image of what i wanted to see. And for the video editing credit, well thats me putting myself as the editor.

For the JEProductions, that was a name i wanted to go with at the time for a company if i were to ever start one. Clearly it has not happen and if anything its more of a water mark to show its my video.

These days anyone can take anything from the internet. So if there's anything i can do to protect my video in any means, i'll do so by putting my initials on the bottom right corner.

Never the less i am glad you enjoyed the clip. As well as i do appreciate any sort of feedback.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustinEverest View Post
    For the director part and the video editor part. I figured if i am the one who put everything together, id be consider a director due to the fact that i had this image of what i wanted to see.
    Let's be clear, you didn't direct any acting, or animation.
    Your "visualisation" was realised in editing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinEverest View Post

For the JEProductions, ... its more of a water mark to show its my video.

These days anyone can tke anything from the internet. So if there's anything i can do to protect my video in any means, i'll do so by putting my initials on the bottom right corner.
    Do you not see the total hypocrisy of the above. It was exactly the point TimA was making.

Not only have you taken someone elses work and tried to pass it off as your own, but you have tried to protect it as your own. You do NOT own the copyright.

And before you start bleating about "that's what GameTrailers is all about" I've just looked up their terms and conditions:

"3. OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
    The contents of this Site, including all Site software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, graphic material, databases, proprietary information and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectible elements of the Site, including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and 'look and feel' and arrangement of items, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names (individually and/or collectively, "Material"), are the property of the Parent Companies, and their Affiliates, and any of their successors and assigns, and any of their respective licensors,

We take protection of copyrights, both our own and others, very seriously. We therefore employ multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement over this Site and to promptly end any infringement that might occur. If you believe that the Site contains elements that infringe your copyrights in your work, please follow the procedures set forth in our Copyright Compliance Policy [insert link]."

Also I note you're in Montreal, I bet you weren't aware of this:

"This Site is offered and made available only to users [13] of age or older who reside in the United States of America, its territories and possessions (U.S.) and certain features on this Site (including, but not limited to, user registration and newsletter signups) may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. ... If you are not yet [13] years old or the required greater age for certain features, do not reside in the U.S. and/or do not meet any other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using the Site immediately "
    Last edited by TimStannard; 08-30-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Tim

Drop the titles at the start..that would really improve your video.

On the copyright and how youtube see it..game capture uploads / home made trailers

There has been a clamp down related to many copyright issues on the tube, i always laugh as youtube made it's name by being a pretty good place to find almost any video..now it has market dominance ( for now) the tube is slowly changing the upload environment. This has been going on for some time now.

In simple words a video derived from game footage which is not a review may be viewed as a copyright infringement. ( videos of just game play are seen as a infringement) i always find it funny how youtube is basically a dumping ground for people making ad's and product reviews.

Product placement in youtube is rife, especially amongst the high end partners.

On the aspect of people taking anything from the internet and turning into theirs, sure i know all about it, have to say i have hounded some clowns who think they are smart to rip material off. Sadly this is just the way it seems to work. Youtube does very little to help protect uploaded works. Many see uploaded popular videos as something to grab and run with, even if the material is second hand via a game capture.

Best thing to do is if you think thousands will copy your work, put a title through your whole video pointing to your web site, imagine how effective that would be on a mega viral hit!
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo