Thread: JVC DV Camcorder GRD-72u and video capture

Default JVC DV Camcorder GRD-72u and video capture

Hi

We are completely new to this and only bought the camera to capture our new baby which is due in 2 weeks time (so time is of the essence!)

We have downloaded the JVC software from the site, bought a firewire etc and still when trying to capture our dv tapes to pc receive nothing on XP. We have tried using MovieMaker but it says it is starting a capture and then stops at 5kb with a black screen on the preview. It obviously recognises the camera as it remotely controls it.

We have checked that we have the latest upgrades for Direct X and also downloaded Service packs 2 and 3 from Microsoft.

Basically we are at the end of our tether!!!

Please help

Thank you

(we are also unable to set up the camera as a webcam as it says we should be able to)
    PRR

I'd recommend downloading a free trial of one of the popular cheap editing packages, just to see whether it's the hardware or the woftware that's causing the problem.

Try Premiere Elements: http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/trya...emiereelements

(I hope you're on Broadband though - it's 515MB). You have to be using Windows XP, and seeing as you mentioned serive pack 3, i'm not sure if you are.

Or maybe Pinnacle Studio: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doclink=/WebVideo/studioavdvdeluxeversion9/English(US)/doc/Download_StudioPLUS_US.htm&Product_ID=1501&Langue_ ID=7&loc=doc173&division_id=

Oh, and good luck with the babba... A friend of mine is due to give birth today, but there's no sign of the little one turning up on time

Default Still not working :cry:

Thanks for your advice

I have downloaded both of these pieces of software, both will control the camcorder but still captures nothing. The preview screen remains blank!!!

Getting very frustrated now
    PRR