Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas pro 9 Preview / Playback problem with MTS files (Full HD)

Default Sony Vegas pro 9 Preview / Playback problem with MTS files (Full HD)

Hi, I'm having problem with sony vegas pro 9 previewing. When I'm trying to edit my MTS files from my Sony HDR cx 115E Camera, anyone else having these problems ?
    The video get laggy as hell ... But when i press ( Shift + B ) i can preview the video pretty good but it will only render like 30 seconds of it and i can't keep pressing shift b each 30seconds i wanna preview.

Is there any ways of avoiding this problem ? or any other editing software wich handles this stuff better ?

also I have one more question. I have intel core duo processor is there any ways of dedicating one of my processor to only sony vegas editing ? maby this will help me if its possible ?

Will be happy for any answers been having this problem for a while now and it makes it really hard for me to edit videos.

If your system is having difficulty previewing I can only suggest reducing the preview quality. If you want to try different software I would check out The Canopus Edius NLE, I found it very good for the issue you are having difficulty with. There is a 30 day free trial down load from their website.

There is a way of setting the priority of a program through the Task Manager. If you right click the item you want to change and select the setting you want. I don't know if it will help though. If the system is too weak for the task it's too weak.

There are other things you can do such as having the media on a separate drive, defrag etc. these things will make the most of what you do have.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the quick answer . I've even reduced my preview quality to draft and still its choppy with like 5 sec break each frame. My pc is verry strong with 4gbram 2 processors, newest driver etc. Installed windows 7 64Bits system. also set the priority to high.
    If u have any other idea why this problem acurr then Im glad for any answer. This is driving me NUTS! I can't edit because the video is way to choppy.

There is something really wrong if this is the case. Either the footage is bad or your computer is not working properly.

Unhappy

I get the same problem and I've searched everywhere for a fix. I don't know why sony hasn't addressed this problem and patched it or fixed it somehow. The best way I can think of is either to edit by sound and frame by frame. Which is extremely slow and annoying. Or to find a video converter that can convert .MTS to a better quality. That though is another problem. So far all I've tried is Any Video Converter, but it slows the video down and cuts it in half. If anyone know of a free video converter that can at lease convert MTS to MP4 that would be great.

**EDIT**

Alright well all the time I've been over looking the obvious solution. One is to throw all your footage into Vegas and then render it out as a more usable video format. Basically your just converting it to a different format. That's the simplest, free way I've found.

If your willing to pay some cash to fix the problem you can try this program: NewBlue AVCHD Upshift | Batch convert your AVCHD files into standard .M2T files. I've never used it because I'm cheap and poor at the moment but reviews are good for it.

Thirdly if you have a desktop you can just buy some new parts. A new processor is the biggest thing. But your gunna need a pretty gnarly processor. The main reason you can't preview the video is because the quality is to high for most average consumer computer. If anyone can find a free and good video converter that can convert HD/.MTS let me know. For now I'll just convert it myself.

Here are my rendering settings for Vegas. Same settings I use for rendering Youtube HD

Last edited by PicNickTime; 10-04-2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Found Solution

There is something else wrong here - I edit mts files almost faultlessly on a laptop for goodness sake - nowhere approaching your specifications - and in draft mode its as smooth as a baby ass until I start stacking effects up.

Ya i found a HD video converter too. But it doesn't seem to help. I'd say it's just Vegas. I'm looking to switch to Adobe.

Quote Originally Posted by PicNickTime View Post
    I'd say it's just Vegas..
    Bluntly - I'd say you're wrong. I use HD footage from my Z1E all the time in Vegas - no conversions, no problem. As I said in my previous post, my lower specced laptop even handles MTS files well until I start stacking effects up.

You seriously do not need any converters - there's some other underlying problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Bluntly - I'd say you're wrong. I use HD footage from my Z1E all the time in Vegas - no conversions, no problem. As I said in my previous post, my lower specced laptop even handles MTS files well until I start stacking effects up.

You seriously do not need any converters - there's some other underlying problem.
    I've been looking into it and I'd have to agree. It seems many people have this problem. Even after converting my footage to a HD MP4 format I still experienced the lag. But i also noticed that it is worse when I add more video tracks. I have a Pansonic HDC-SD20 and i'm wondering if it's something to do with my camera's footage? I used to use a an older DV camcorder and I didn't get this problem.

The old DV camcorder was producing SD video. This is easy for most PCs to deal with in editing. Your new camera is producing HD viseo this is much much more CPU intensive as the resolution of the image has increase a lot. What is the spec of your computer ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast