Thread: Newbie with a TZ10

Default Newbie with a TZ10

Hi Guys

I'm a complete newbie to video editing. I bought myself a little Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 a couple of weeks ago. I'm currently using its AVCHD Lite format for my footage.

Having found that my old E6300 dual core processor wasn't "cutting the mustard" I just fitted a Q8400 quad core.

Having downloaded several of the trial packages, (Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10, Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and several others), I find I'm favouring the Sony offering the best.

Is this a good package for editing my AVCHD files in, or is there something better? Should I consider going further up the Sony range?

FYI I am only using this little camera to shoot footage of radio control helicopters flying at my club. You can view some of the footage shot thus far here: YouTube - w87dhk's Channel

Only the videos shot since August were done with my TZ10.

As you can see I have much to learn and any input would be truly appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Blog Entries

You've done the right thing by downloading and trying out the software. We have some very satisfied and experienced vegas users here. If you can easily edit your footage on that, i would stick with that!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Marc. Much appreciate your input.

I must admit I think I wanna run before I can walk. I'm already looking into how I might add some "fancy" title graphics to my videos!

Still can't quite work out what the best format to save the HD videos in for upload to YouTube tho.

Still, Google (and the forums) are your friend, eh?

Blog Entries

...and good, old fashioned experience! Almost all of the regular posters here learn by doing. It seems like a steep curve, but as with most things, a little knowledge goes a long way. Knowing the basics is key.
    Posted via Mobile Device