Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading From Youtube, Then Uploading Video Quality Help!

I'M REVOLUTIONIZING THE GAMING INDUSTRY. BE APART OF MY MOVEMENT.

Default Downloading From Youtube, Then Uploading Video Quality Help!

Ok so I'm doing commentating on Videos but for some reason after I download my videos from youtube, do my converting, then commentate, then finally upload to my channel, the quality seems to be blurry, not necessarily horrific, but blurry, fazzed out, really grainy so to speak. It's like watching in 360p is better than watching my uploaded videos in 720p. So I was going to explain my process for what I do & if anyone has time to spare to help this would be great. Thank You:

1. Now I use Youtube Downloader to get my videos from youtube that I want to Commentate on or Breakdown.

2. Then I use AVS Video Converter 6 I then open the file & convert it to an (MPEG) file.

3. I then open up CyberLink Power Director v8 & open the converted file into my workspace in this program. I then go onto splitting the audio, then erase it. I then record a voice-over & add it. Then I go to produce & upload to Youtube. This program has a function where I can produce the video & upload to youtube directly after.

But for some reason the quality is to be truthful pretty bad. If anyone has time to help or an alternate way of doing what I'm doing. I would love an assistance with this. Thank You.

A couple of points.
    1. It is to be expected that uploading to YouTube then downloading, then converting to mpeg. the re-rendering, then up loading again will deteriorate the image quality. That's just how it is.

2. YouTube allows you to download an mp4 so you don't need to do the added conversion which might help with quality. Unless you are taking videos made by others and passing them off as yours.

I wont respond directly to your PM so we can leave the info available on the thread for others who may have the same problem.

How to down load an MP4 version from your YouTube channel
    1. Log in and go to "My Videos"
    2. Click on the little upside down triangle next to the word insight
    3. Select Download MP4

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I wont respond directly to your PM so we can leave the info available on the thread for others who may have the same problem.

How to down load an MP4 version from your YouTube channel
    1. Log in and go to "My Videos"
    2. Click on the little upside down triangle next to the word insight
    3. Select Download MP4

Hope this helps.
    Ok so are you simply saying that I don't need to use my Converter program once I download the youtube video?

Then are you saying or recommending me not to use my youtube downloader program or still use it?

Thank you as well for the continued help. I really do appreciate it.

How you get the file is up to you so long as it is the mp4, best version you can get from YouTube. You should be able to use that file directly in your editing program without any converting.

I can not guarantee this as I don't know the restrictions of every piece of editing software out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    How you get the file is up to you so long as it is the mp4, best version you can get from YouTube. You should be able to use that file directly in your editing program without any converting.

I can not guarantee this as I don't know the restrictions of every piece of editing software out there.
    Ok so I should try downloading the file(mp4) directly from youtube, then just try and open it in my Editing Program, Then upload when finished to youtube? Just so I can clarify...

Exactly. That's right.

Ok so now I think I have a smarted question after testing some stuff out from what you so kindly informed me on. So if I download in MP4 Format from youtube, then is it safe to say that I would be the best quality by uploading in MP4 format as well? Or would I want to upload my videos to youtube in a different format such as: AVI., MPEG-1, etc...?

I would try uploading to YouTube in the MP4 format. I'm not an expert on what settings to use.

Default Best aspect for You Tube

Convert your videos for You Tube at 640 x 360. The result is picture perfect!

Josh
    Corporate Video Melbourne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast