Thread: Just bought a 550D

Smile Just bought a 550D

I'm so excited. I've been waiting for about a week or two now for this to come through from Amazon - apparently it won't be dispatched until the 30th August.

My handycam broke and I decided on this to be my replacement video camera. I spent ages trying to look for a new camera. It's a total nightmare trying to decide on something like that as I'm sure we all know. Just a little nudge-wink, cheapest place I could find was Amazon, but the price shot up straight after I placed my order. They're quite limited.

Does anyone else have a Canon EOS 550D?
    (Or a 7D for that matter?)

Nice one Rob, I'm sure you'll get some great footage from it. When I was looking for a new camera it took me ages to choose one. I sometime wish I'd got a stills/video camera after seeing other peoples footage looking really nice.

Have fun with it.

Blog Entries

Yep, I have a 550D. Bought it from Jacobs, which was the lowest price I could find (including online), and picked up the same day I ordered it. As they didn't have any stock in the store I phoned, they arranged for it to be delivered to the shop. Great service.

I love my 550d. I was in the same position of you; I'd broken my little AVCHD cam, and was looking at alternatives. I now have a superb camera, and an equally superb camcorder in one. Take a look at my vimeo channel for a few videos shot with my new fav toy!

I have recently purchased a 7D, I'm learning all its little tricks at the mo. Will have something online in the next few weeks I hope :p

It just arrived Tuesday. (An agonisingly long wait).
    I've been playing around a bit, and it's awesome! Way better than the old Handycam.

I was also worried that my mac wouldn't be able to handle editing 1080p HD, but after a few tests, it seems to playback and edit fine. So I'm just working on my first test film/montage with it just to see what it can do.

Great stills camera, too.

Added 6 photos I took with it to my flickr.
    They're not particularly amazing, but the better stuff takes longer to edit and get on the web.

Here's the first test film I've made with it:

Very nice Rob. I'm sure as you get use to the camera you will shoot some amazing footage.

im a big fan of the still/video combo camera.

im finding my sony cx105 almost redundant these days. been using the TZ more often than not for recent video projcts.

I have a Nikon D3100 DSLR on pre order (due end of this month) 1080p, live view continuous auto focus on video but best of all i'll be able to use my wide angle and zoom lenses with it .... cant wait.

The Live view is particularly useful, especially with some of the shots I used in this test film. If you want to get low to the ground, it's pretty important. Also, just because we're probably all used to having something similar on little camcorders.