Thread: A/V delays

Default A/V delays

Thats what i get when i use any prog to encode video... even if i do video and audio separate and put them back together still get the audio/video delays. How can i sort that out?

and another thing.. just formatted my pc and installed TMPGenc and now i cant open .avi files

Do you mean that audio/video is becoming desynchronised?

It could be to do with the frame rate not being quite precise. I had some problems with this, but need more info here

yea that what i mean. u see people moving their mouth and no sound and then a few seconds after u heard it.

There are two ways you can have sync problems:

1) The gap between an action and the sound is always the same...

- This can be fixed in something like Virtual Dub (free software) by making a gap between the start of the video and audio of a few hundredths of a second, for example. The original reason for this happening could be related to buffers in hardware not being set right or software buffering or all sorts of things. However,

2) If the sound is OK to begin with and goes gradually out...

Then this is more likely to be a problem with frame rate not staying in sync with the audio source, you can check this in Virtual Dub by looking at the Frame Rate options in the Video settings. If the audio length does not match (number of frames / frame rate) then it will work it out for you, although you could calculate this without Virtual Dub.

In any case I heartily recommend Virtual Dub it's free and has a lot of useful functionality.

Cheers,