Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with video editing...

1. Default Need help with video editing...

Alright, first of all i recorded a video on Second Life (a game) with Fraps. I tried using Sony Vegas Studio 10 to remove the UI (User Interface) of the game but i really have no idea how to do that as i have zero experience in video editing.

And another question is how can i convert the videos so that they are smaller in size? Because when i record them with Fraps, the videos are like 4-5 minutes and they take almost 4gb each.

Thanks in advance!

2. Default

anyone please? x_x

3. Default

If the User interface is at the bottom, top or side you should be able to crop it out using the Event/Pan Crop Tool. Anywhere else & you would need the mask tool but i believe that is only available in Sony Vegas Pro.

When you've finished editing you should be able to render your project to any of many much more compressed formats which will give a much smaller file size, eg: wmv, avi, mpeg2, mp4.

I'm not an expert & I have Vegas Pro but until somebody else comes along who knows more, this should be correct.

Sarah

4. Default

I already attempted using the event/pan tool but all i got was my video zooming and unzooming to that certain spot i selected (the UI). I dont really get how it works. And as for the size thanks for the answer, i should be able to pull that off

As for the UI, it is at multiple places so i do hope it's possible.

5. Default

So um, i would need a little more help please.

Blog Entries

If you don't want to zoom in (so that the UI is outside the visible area) what do you want to replace the UI with?
    Tim

7. Default

The background of the actual game, but i sense this is not possible or is it ?

So in other words i want it to be as if the video was recorded without the UI in the way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Black Azrael View Post
    The background of the actual game, but i sense this is not possible or is it ?

So in other words i want it to be as if the video was recorded without the UI in the way.
    But you haven't got a recording of what's behind the UI, have you. And you can't expect your video editing software to guess. There is nothing behind. It's a 2D image of a 3D scene.

Now, you might be able to fake it, IF you have some footage elsewhere in the film of what is behind the UI at this section. .... have you?
    Tim

9. Default

Alright so if i get what youre saying, i can only zoom in so that i dont see the ui around it right? That's pretty much the only way?

10. Default

Why didnt you turn off the UI before you captured the video, so it didnt show?

Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast