Thread: Need help to sound proof room for audio recording?

Default Need help to sound proof room for audio recording?

I am looking forward to sound proof my room for audio recording as outside noise is affecting quality of recorded sound. any buddy has any idea how to do it?
    i had searched some information on Google but it is showing dB-2, dB-3, dB-4 walls.. something like that. i am posting soundproof a room link for ur reference. is it the same procedure to sound proof for recording?
    Last edited by PerezZaida; 08-19-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerezZaida View Post
    I am looking forward to sound proof my room for audio recording as outside noise is affecting quality of recorded sound. any buddy has any idea how to do it?
    i had searched some information on Google but it is showing dB-2, dB-3, dB-4 walls.. something like that. i am posting soundproof a room link for ur reference. is it the same procedure to sound proof for recording?
    A cheap and dirty way is to put a carpet on the floor, cover the walls with absorbent materials (cardboard egg flats make excellent sound deadening wall and ceiling tiles), and put foam rubber over the windows.

An interesting question. I don't know the answer.
    If the *inside* of the room is adorned with Worddigger's list of items, does it have the same db reduction as it would if the items had been attached to the *outside* of the room?
    In effect, for best results, should the sound hit the solid wall before hitting WD's items; or should it be the other way around?

One side effect of lining the inside of the room is that it can greatly effect the quality of the sound inside the room if the lining removes the reflective surfaces which create the room's natural ambience.

Sounds like it may be time to eat a lot of eggs and line the complete outside of the house with the boxes.

If its just for voice overs the simplest thing to do is find the quietist room in the house and sit under a duvet with your kit.

I've heard of news reporters doing the voice overs in the wardrobe of their hotel.

I thinks if you are trying to stop the sound from getting out you need to look at some big time wall ceiling and floor insulation material. May be THIS SITE can give you some ideas.

Default Thanks for your precious reply

I got one good soundproofing company. which is ready to soundproof my room for recording, and assured me that i will not face noise problem anymore. I think they are cheap and expert in soundproofing too. i am posting their link here for those who want to soundproof their room (in North Carolina). here is website link: Home Soundproofing Soundproof Walls Ceiling Floors Soundproofing | Soundproof My Home.