Thread: This video fx

Default This video fx

im not sure what you would call this but im really interested in knowing how to do this or even if its possible in vegas
    0:04- 0:08 the fast motion on the same clip
    thanks in advance

Blog Entries

Not going to tell you unless you tell us if you've sorted out your Pan & Crop issue yet.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not going to tell you unless you tell us if you've sorted out your Pan & Crop issue yet.
    =] i actually did i meant to say thanks..will do now

This is very simple. As the camera is turning around the person. Split the clip between the points which you want fast and normal speed by pressing the "S" key where needed.

On the clips you want to speed up right click on it and select properties then at the bottom of the properties box you can adjust the speed up or down. eg setting it to 1.500 will increase the speed by 50%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    =] i actually did i meant to say thanks..will do now

That's OK then!
    In response to this question - what Midnight said.

Unless you have Vegas Pro, in which case welcome to the world of Velocity Envelopes which allows you to gradually speed up and slow down clips.
    Tim

Yes im using pro so i will need to learn velocity envelopes which i have started learning thanks so much for you guys help.

i think have another small question im not sure to make a thread i dont want to flood this form if you can answer here, this has never happened before when i add more then one video clip in the same timeline and try to arrange them it moves the clip right next to it as well. how to undo that its killing me.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    . . . when i add more then one video clip in the same timeline and try to arrange them it moves the clip right next to it as well. how to undo that its killing me.
    Sounds like you have Auto Ripple engaged. It is up there on the Toolbar.