Thread: High spec gaming nvidia or quadro?

1. Default High spec gaming nvidia or quadro?

Hi there has anyone had experience or knows why a quadro costs so much?! Basically I was looking at the high spec. gaming cards for 300 - 400 and they are as good as some of the quadros but the quadros are way more expensive! I was particularly looking at the new mercury engine with premier pro cs5 and the fact that it uses cuda technology to accelerate editing.

So what I would like to do is get maybe two top of the range gaming cards maybe gtx's for a new HD video editing PC? Would I notice any difference between them and a quadro in premier? Thanks!

The quadro is not a gaming card. It is for rendering 3D scenes and CAD applications. Using one of these will not help in any way when it comes to games or rendering video. Best to buy a gtx 480 if you want to game and render videos.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vinnybags View Post
    The quadro is not a gaming card. It is for rendering 3D scenes and CAD applications. Using one of these will not help in any way when it comes to games or rendering video. Best to buy a gtx 480 if you want to game and render videos.
    Yes I know its not a gaming card...you say that but adobe still recommends the quadros as cards for premier cs5. I think its because cs5 applications features GPU acceleration etc. are using the graphics cards more than previous video applications. I am just trying to find out if the gaming cards would do as good a job in premier cs5 (and after effects cs5).

4. Default

soooo anyone seen the difference?