Thread: Action scene with HD Explosion

Default Action scene with HD Explosion

This is a short action scene I made with the most focus on the light editing. (a fixed version of another one I made)

It took a while to create cause I worked with the light, effects, editing, sounds and music very closely. But I'm not a professional editor so maybe it doesn't looks awesome.

In music and audio part i compressed some sounds and did some delay, changed some pitches and stuff like that.
    Used: Magix Music Maker 14 Premium

The light was the longest part to do cause I wanted it to be perfect so I worked with it very carefully with curves, corrections and balances.
    Used: Premiere Pro & After Effects CS5

Editing wasn't so much, just som fixes with the music and made the clip match the sounds.
    Used: Premiere Pro CS5

Effects and slowmotion was made in After Effects CS5.

Hope you'll like it and maybe give me some comments!

(Made som differents and tried to fix the explosion better this time)

NICE! Had to watch it a second (and third, and fourth) time just to catch all the action. The computer generated effects blend well with the action.

My only critique is that the whole scene appears a bit dark. I can't see the person's face at all, which would be a great detail for this kind of scene.

Even still, the colors that matter most really pop and I love the slow-mo effect.

Surrey, England

Hi David,

I really liked the bullets hitting the ground as the guy ran around the corner, but the explosion looked a little pasted over the top if I am honest; as if it didn't belong with the pictures around it.

That said I am a complete beginner and am still grappling with basic shooting and editing, so I have no idea about creating special effects.

I am not an expert in exposions.
    I liked the start of the explosion (and how it lit up the side of the building), but not the end - where the flame reduces. At the point where the flames becomes transparent (and we can start seeing the tree behind), I might have thought that the tree should appear to shimmer through the large volume of hot air. That might reduce the 'paste' effect which MikeTV mentioned.

I think you made a good job of it. I loved the slow-mo section with the bullets and the sound. The explosion looked good at first but the fire ball that rises up looks a little false also a Tim said the tree is so close to the explosion it would be effected by it but isn't.

Nice job over all.

i too found myself watching this many times over, nice to see you had the detail of interactive lighting, something most neglect.

well again i am out of a job

if i was logged into the tube it gets the thumbs up!
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video