Thread: Congratulations Fingercuff

Blog Entries

Talking Congratulations Fingercuff

I'm delighted to note that James Webber, of Fingercuff, and occasionally of this parish, has won the "Best Film" award in the prestigious Guernsey Lily, for "Dancer"

Guernsey Lily International Non-Commercial Film Festival

Many congratulations, James!

Incidentally, he also sneaked off and got himself married not so long ago, prior to announcing it on Facebook. I'm sure many here will want to offer their congratulations to him on that score too.

Ooooh! And I've just spotted his partner in Fingercuff - Jamie Hooper won the award for Best Use of Sound for "Vision". Well done. And when can I get to see that?
    Tim

Absolutely. I am honoured to have a DVD copy of Dancer. I fully appreciate why it won the award. Well done Jim and to all involved, I couldn't be happier for you.

Blog Entries

Excellent... any chance of seeing the film (or a clip)?

Yes well done James and Jamie. All awards are nice. When your work is judged as good, other than by friends and family, it's very satisfying
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I just found out I didn't even get though to the final 5 in my first competition.

Oh well, I was robbed. What do the IOV know about videos anyway.

Thank you all! I'm dead chuffed with the result especially as I was in Venice, on my honeymoon when I heard the news!

Everyone put so much hard work (For me - about 9 months from start to finish) into this film its great to see it pay off. I can't upload the full film yet as it will ruin our chances at some of the festivals such as Raindance but you can see the trailer at our website:DANCER - HOME This is the same for Vision as well unfortunately.

Once again - a big thanks to the forum moderators and regular contributers. I took into account a lot of the feedback I have received from this forum when shooting this short and it has proved invaluable.

Jim
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

Just seen the trailer... Top Points.

The whole project looks really well made and thought-out. It seems you have a well-deserved win there.

If you think the trailer is good the last scene took my breath away it was so well done.

Cheers Midnight - it was a risky scene to pull off but the actors did an amazing job!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber