Hi to all,
I write you because I have a capture video problem (via firewire) from my Canon HV20 to my laptop Dell Studio 15 with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
The problem is that windows recognize correctly the camera, but during the capture some green (and grey) lines appear and diappear randomly on the screen, 'dirting' the file imported.
I attach an image for a better explanation.
Other information about this problem:
- the original dv tape is without the green lines;
- for capturing I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum, but I tried other software and the problem persits;
- I changed the firewire cable (4 pins in both edges) and the problem persits;
- if during the capture I press the pause button on the camera, the clip on the screen stops but the green lines continue to appear and disappear;
- since I have in my laptop Ubuntu Linux too, I tried to capture video from Ubuntu whit its software (like dvgrab or Kino) and here I DON'T HAVE the lines! Here is ok!
- the firewire port driver inside windows 7 has the label finishing in "...(legacy mode)" (now I don't have the laptop with me, so I don't rember exactly the name
So, it seems that is Windows 7 firewire management to have the problem but I really don't know what I have to do to solve this problem
Any support is appreciated. Thanks!