Thread: newbie video..any thoughts?

Default newbie video..any thoughts?

Hey I'm new to this site and what I've seen so far looks great!

This is my second attempt at kinetic typography animation, it took me about 2-3 days to complete from start you finish using Adobe After Effects CS4. I feel there are areas I could of improved especially near the end if I had more time.

I'd like to hear comments, feedback and any suggestions for improvement which I can possibly use for similar projects in the near future. :-)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZ5rZTHKuc]YouTube - ‪Kismet Ryding - Hangin'‬‎[/ame]

catchy little video in more ways than one, well done. Possibly the thing I would suggest to do is drop the opening titles, hop straight into the song..first 10 seconds is make or break for a online video!
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Coming from the point of view of someone who doesn't have a clue how to do this fancy stuff I thought it looked good. It matched well with the music which was a good tune as well.

Well done.

Blog Entries

Mostly I really liked it. My only criticism, and it is one of personal taste, I didn't like the 3D layering effect (0.57-1.10 and again later). I thought that for the style of the font and the background, the words should move in the same 2D plane as the background (ie they could slide around but not lift up off the page). Dunno why, that's just how I felt!
    Tim

That's funny Tim because I was thinking the opposite. I liked the 3D stuff. It just shows you can't please all the people all the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    That's funny Tim because I was thinking the opposite. I liked the 3D stuff. It just shows you can't please all the people all the time.
    Indeed. I think it'll be a very cold day in hell when you and I agree on something that's a matter of personal taste
    Tim

Come now Tim. I wouldn't go that far but it's certainly true that we should celebrate the wonderful diversity of civilisation and the expression of individuality.

Good video. I don't have the patience for that kinda stuff, the same reason I'll never do claymation. It's good to know there are patient people in the world. Keep up the good work.
    Ryan AKA rgander1 AKA "the videobloggoligist"

I enjoyed it, very pretty. I was not so sure the actual positions/orientation/size of the words always related to their meanings. Am I trying to read too much into this?
    Otherwise it was just a good demo of AE and some banal lyrics.
    I look forward to seeing another.