Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Titles

Default Opening Titles

I have been messing about with Media Studio Pro (6.5) for some time. Below is a link to the opening titles of a movie of my daughter's third year (the usual compress 5 hours of drivel into 10 or 15 minutes of watchability).

The title sequence is about 30 seconds long. I would welcome comments and constructive criticism (particularly on how to get a smaller file size for WEB posting/streaming).

Thanks in advance.

http://www.btinternet.com/~boab.miller/webpjv.mpg

Blog Entries

Excellent work! Looks fantastic. Did you create the video mask and scroll yourself?

The only comment is that your daughter's face is unfortunately obscured by the video scroll in the first ten seconds or so, which kinda leaves a blank space where the eye is drawn.

Default Cute lil' L.A.M.

I liked it.

Are you able to scroll the clips horizontally? That might be better.

Thank you both for the reply. I am now sufficiently encouraged to go forth and do more digital damage.

The scrolling video effect was created using the video overlay tracks in MediaStudioPro. I used six overlays for for this title sequence. Two for the title and title background and 4 for the scrolling video. The scrolling video is simply full size clips (720x576) re-sized using a Moving Path. the same moving path is used to start the clip off screen and scroll vertically to offscreen. The clips are simply layered (or staggered) to simulate a scrolling effect. So it would be straightforward enough to scroll horizontally instead of vertically.

I also liked the comment from Marc on the opening ten seconds. It kindly reminds me (because I am guilty of it) of putting the technology and effect before the visual outcome!

Thanks again for the kind feedback, I think I may be on the right track after all. May I also say that I particularly like this part of the forum as it presents good ideas and alternate ways of solving similar problems. Good stuff!

That's great, looking very clean, smooth and just good
    Who shares wins

can this amazing effect be done using adobe premier 6/6.5.

what about using pinnacle 8 also. I would like to do it using adobe if possible.

I am not a Premiere user myself, but from what I read of the software, it will support multiple video layers and moving paths, therefore the effects in this movie should be able to be replicated in Premiere.

Again my knowledge of Pinnacle Studio is limited. I have checked out various WEB sites and as far as I can tell, Studio will only support a single video track Therefore the effects in this film (and this would also include split screens or any picture in picture effect) are NOT achievable in Pinnacle Studio. Perhaps though some Pinnacle Studio users would be able to confirm this.

Thanks for the kind comments on the effect though.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNERS
    can this amazing effect be done using adobe premier 6/6.5.

what about using pinnacle 8 also. I would like to do it using adobe if possible.
    hi, i was thinking the same question myself so i decided to have a go at it on premiere 6.5.

this is my way of achieve these effects. note: this will take ya freaking ages.

1) place the background clip to vid 1, place the other clips you want moving up the side on vid 2 to however many vids ya want to put in. (eg. 4 clips, put the clip to 1 to 4 to vid 2 - 5 track).

2) right click on vid 2 - vid options - transparency. then select alpha chanel in the 'key type' drop down menu.

3) place a tranform filter located in the pixelate (that's if ya using 6.5) in video effects.
    -now go to your effects controls. do scale height and width of slightly lower than 25 (mine's on 24 since i want 4 clips max on a screen at a time. if ya want 5 than slightly less than 20 (100/5=20) etc etc.
    -click on the position grid and place it where ya would like it. (you would like it below the screen where it's not visable)

4) now it's time to set the key frames for the pic to move upwards
    (click the drop down menu on the vid 2 and select keyframe which is in the same box)

set a keyframe when ya want the pic to start moving upwards. then to go the last keyframe (automatically there, at the end of the clip) and postition where you want the clip to move to by changing the y axis in the effects and position tool. don't touch the x axis as you just make the pic go sideways. (note: try previewing it b4 hand by Alt scrubing and adjust ya Effects Settings to "preview during adjust" on the drop down. my position is on (160, -1000) for the last key frame. make sure that the clip is high enough to fit all the other ones that are gonna follow.

5) now we gotta adjust all the other clips on the other moving pics/video ya want. most of our settings are the same appart the positioning of the vid. thus, all we have to do it just click on the clip that we want to ctrl c, then paste it to the however many clips ya have by 'ctrl altt v' to paste the attributes. note: click the settings, not content.

- now, on track 3 vid 3 we want to position the clip so that it's a slight gap below the track 2 vid 2 . so on v3, go to ur 2nd (middle) keyframe and adjust the correct positioning (once again leaving the x axis) and do the same for 3rd/last keyframe. (leave the 1st key frame as is). adjust the last keyframe by going to y axis of the position input. if ya noticing it's going dif speeds. the y axis should be change. i.e. my track 2 is on (160, -1000) and track 3 is on (160, -900) and the track 4 should be (160, -800) etc etc.
    finally do the same as 5) for all the other vid ya want to add to the movement.

and there ya have it, hope it all goes well. as for the other vid effects he has put on there, i shall try to figure em out too if ya need it.

cheers, oeista

Default Looks Great

I am new to this forum and I just saw your opening titles, and I just want to comment on how great it was. I also printed your tutorial on how it was done, I will incorporate this style in my next project for my family, and I hate to say it I will take all of the credit. Thanks again, and great work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast